Bath salts recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitten

Reaction score
Bath Salts

1 part baking soda
2 parts Epsom salt
3 parts sea salt

Mix it all in a big bowl, then put in a large zip lock freezer bag along with a tiny amount of powdered pigment. Then shake until the color is dispersed. It colors the salts wonderfully with no clumps.

I make bath salts that all of my friends love, and use epsom salts, sea salt, powdered milk, granulated brown sugar, (sugar is a natural humectant/moisturizer)and baking soda. At Christmas or for Valentine's day I like adding some pretty colored sugars as well.

I am going to give this recipie a go, just one question though, do u add any fragrance to the bath salts?? if so when and how ? or do I just add it when ever

I add my fragrance by mixing it with Dendritic Salt first, Traceyann. The above recipe is pretty much my proportions as well, but I'll add like 1/4 part dentritic to it after I've mixed my fragrance with the dentritic salt. This seems to keep the fragrance lasting longer (especially when people open up the jar repeatedly to sniff it lol), and it works to prevent clumping as well :)

Just good all fashioned table salt "Morton's" etc., I made several bags of bath salts today, the reciepe I used called for 2 cups dead sea salt, 2 cups epsom salt and 2 cups baking soda, mixed in food coloring for color which works great, then 1 tbs almond oil which is used as the carrier oil for the essential oils. Smelled wonderful, I then made some with FO.s for a tropical smelling salt. Turned out very nice I am pleased.

If I use Brown Sugar in a salt scrub do I need to use a preservative...If I plan to sell it?

Back