Bath Salt Color Tests

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalk Creek

Reaction score
Hi. I've been wanting to color my bath salts with all natural plant materials (my customers don't want any food coloring or other artificials). Here's what I've come up with. These were all ground very fine and just a couple drops of distilled water added. Each sample here is about 2 Tbslp of Epsom salt. These will be added to larger batches with EO's. Next is a test in the bath to make sure I don't turn into these colors. :wink:

Clockwise from top (bluish) Elderberry, (yellow) Tumeric, (green speckled) kelp granules, (pink) Hisbiscus flowers, (green) Spirulina.
Salts.jpg

I was amazed at how bright they are. I mixed them with uncolored salts (about 1/4 to 1/3 of the colored) and the results are just beautiful.

Freshwater, I learned (by accident) a neat thing about the hibiscus. It stays vibrant pink in plain salt, just beautiful. But add even a touch of baking soda and it turns a perfect lavender shade. Much better and easier to make than the elderberries. It is really pretty. I'll try and get a pic of it as well.

Latest posts

Back