Bath butter from CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine. I couldn't get it as smooth as the first post.

100_2510.jpg

I put this one in the microwave for 30 seconds, it came up over the top of the bowl, but it made it alot smoother.

100_2508.jpg

In jars. It feels like rubber, but it lathers great!
100_2512.jpg

Man you guys are a bunch of madd scientist! It looks realy smooth becky, but feels rubbery huh? FSowers feels rubbery too. Buttercup,Paul, Dragon. what about yours?

I got a jar of awesome creamed CP soap from a gal in a swap once. It was to die for. I can't remember who or how though.

Ok didn't heat mine, or anything like that, but it is still creamy and puffy I like it a lot. I let it sit out all night in my blue plastic containers with the tops just set on top. It is the same consistency as it was last night.

Looks like guacamole, but smells good.

cream soap

:) Mine is still fluffy as heck ! Not rubbery, more like souffle. Didn't fall like my souffles do though :shock: I didn't add other oils to it or cook it just used my whisk. I put some in a malibu tube I had laying around to see how well it can be used that way.........wha.....la :D this is perfect for using in the shower now with a netted poof. Still don't know how it will keep for any time. The ones in the jars are still puffy and airy no prob.

I whipped mine by hand on the 3rd day and it completely went flat. I'm going to try the microwave method as mentioned and then whip it again. I used it flat in the shower the other night and it lathered great, but still have small pieces left in it even after the original hot water and whipping for 25 minutes or so. Still have not gave up on it! :? :wink:

Paul

My sister in-law knows a lady that makes cp soap, I went and asked her for the scraps, she was more than happy to give them to me. I am taking step by step pics to post here later. I am so excited!!!!

Ok here is my second attemp with the whipped soap!!

This is the soap all chopped up with my handy chopper, I have a gadget for everything!

This is the soap covered with water, not sure how much, guess it depends on how much soap you have. Just enough to cover it.

Here it is whipped in the kitchenaid

and WA-LA it is done!

Ok here is the update on the whipped soap:
It is still fluffy and smells like mint, it is pink. So the name of this product will be "Puffe Fluffy" thanks to the 11 year old.

I am gonna have to order some tubes for this, not sure I like having to scoop it out of a jar, I can only imagine what would happen if a bunch of water got into it. I did add a little vitamin E to it when I whipped it tho.

How much soap are ya'll using at a time? I may have put to much in the bowl.

Mine never did get fluffy and I still had small pieces of soap you can see.

My mixing bowl was full and I only used 1/2 cup of hot water.

Do i need to up my water?

Yep up the water content and let the soap and water sit for about and hour or so, make sure your soap pieces are small. I used an onion chopper. didn't use it for anything, just sitting under my counter collecting dust. Now it has a purpose :)

Okay tried it again.
100_2514.jpg

This is what happens if you whip it too long. Very, very airy.
100_2516.jpg

Okay, took the one I made the other day, and re-whipped it.
This is alot better.
100_2519.jpg

Made roses out of the whipped soap. The pink ones on the top of soap bars. The other roses are CP soap, didn't gel, used Brown Sugar and Fig fo.
100_2523.jpg

Brown Sugar & Fig CP, that gelled.
100_2524.jpg

cream soap

can't post any pics of mine, however its close to what dragons is. Little bits in it also but still puffy. My Family has tried it ...........now they are calling it "Soap Souffle". I like that name. Very fitting. We have a soap party this weekend and I'm going to include this as a "test product" Then I'll get some feedback that way. Maybe a few names...........Hopefully not at Me! :shock: :oops: I've tried it in a pump bottle.........you have to add more water for that. I't kinda loses it lather too. Im going to make plain soap to grate up for this then test away on that so I know every time how it will respond. :wink:

Hi you guys I am new here but saw this post and wanted to respond. I tried this very same thing when I made a batch of sea salt soap last week and had a bunch of crumbles I didn't want to throw away. If you want a smooth texture, throw your soap and water in the blender for a few seconds before whipping. Mine is smooth as can be even though it's salt soap (which is of course as hard as a brick)!

wow! i'd love to try this. would anyone be willing to sell me some of your leftover end pieces?

Wow - this looks like fun. I can't wait to try this. Yet another use for the salad shooter and the blender. Thanks!

Ooh, interesting post, I think I might have to do a little experimenting with it, too, looks like fun. :)

I whipped melted M&P recently, and I basically got styrofoam soap, but this technique looks like it might work.

Latest posts

Back