Bath Bombs...UPDATE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diamonds ARE a girl's best friend ya know.. lol

So.... how did those bombs work out?

I used a muffin tin to make some last week. They slid out with some knocking... only thing is they kinda look like GIANT FISH FOOD PELLETS to me... lol

naturliche said:
diamonds ARE a girl's best friend ya know.. lol

So.... how did those bombs work out?

I used a muffin tin to make some last week. They slid out with some knocking... only thing is they kinda look like GIANT FISH FOOD PELLETS to me... lol

LOL!! That's so funny! I give up on the bombs. They're just more trouble than they're worth. Maybe I'll package them as "fizzy bath powder" and forget it.

hahaha.. add milk and call it a fizzy milk bath!

Hm.. does taht mean I can market mine as mermaid pellets?
Now there's an idea =D

LJA said:
I give up on the bombs. They're just more trouble than they're worth. Maybe I'll package them as "fizzy bath powder" and forget it.

You are kidding me! They are so easy and simple to make! Don't be so hard (or critical) on yourself! There are so many ways to create a luxurious bath experience...don't give up!!!

SimplyE said:
LJA said:
I give up on the bombs. They're just more trouble than they're worth. Maybe I'll package them as "fizzy bath powder" and forget it.

You are kidding me! They are so easy and simple to make! Don't be so hard (or critical) on yourself! There are so many ways to create a luxurious bath experience...don't give up!!!

It's become obvious to me, E, that I have some sort of bath bomb birth defect. LOL. I still make them for friends etc. - but I don't wanna SELL something I'm not totally happy with or wouldn't buy myself. If Ellen's Essential's would ever mail my stuff I ordered (becoming a bit PO'd) I can start trying to make bubble bars instead. I even emailed them...no response.

I agree with that statement, even though your bombs are probably just fine, and you're over-reacting! LOL

How long has the order taken now?
MM.. bath bars.... do THEY float? LOL just teasing!

naturliche said:
I agree with that statement, even though your bombs are probably just fine, and you're over-reacting! LOL

How long has the order taken now?
MM.. bath bars.... do THEY float? LOL just teasing!

LOL!!! (grrr.) :wink:
This is day 12. It shouldn't take this long.

LJA said:
This is day 12. It shouldn't take this long.

That is bad biz. I'd be PO'd too. What do you use in your bubble bars? I keep meaning to try these, but keep not...

I actually havent tried them yet (NO SUPPLIES!!!! GRRRRR!!!) but you use cream of tartar, cocomide dea, cocomoidopropyl bentaine (say that 5 times fast), Sodium laurel sulfoacetate and baking soda.

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed with this company. At the very least, reply to my inquiry. I get that things happen, and I'm a reasonable person, but don't blow me off.
We'll see how this plays out.

oh I'd be pissed and threaten to cancel my card transaction wiht the card company. Not even an email saying its shipped/held? Ugh!

I'm ordering as much as I can through local suppliers.
Trying to avoid shipping charges, as well as back ordering!!

I emailed again. She apologized and said she missed my first email and that the package should be here in a couple days.

Whatever. I'm not here to bash suppliers but 14 or 15 days to get your order isn't okay with me. I'll get it elsewhere next time. I'm spoiled by WSPs shipping time. Unfortch - they don't carry what I need in this instance.

Well, I hope you get it really soon!
I'm used to waiting forever for packages because I ship alot between the US and Canada. A package typically can take up to 3 weeks to get to my mailbox and I've waited for goods for a month before.

There's tonnes on the WSP sight that I am drooling over, but I don't think they ship to Canada. There's some conflicting things on thier website. I tried putting on order in the cart, and everything was fine, until I started adding fragrances. Then the cart would only let me choose "pick up" option.

Oh well.. I am sticking with local as long as I can.

I did get an order yesterday of packaging.
I got some shrink wrap and tested out wrapping a bath bomb in it.
OMG - I just about died at how ugly it was! now I don't know what to do!!!!!!! =( Cello I guess is the only way to go.

naturliche said:
Well, I hope you get it really soon!
I'm used to waiting forever for packages because I ship alot between the US and Canada. A package typically can take up to 3 weeks to get to my mailbox and I've waited for goods for a month before.

There's tonnes on the WSP sight that I am drooling over, but I don't think they ship to Canada. There's some conflicting things on thier website. I tried putting on order in the cart, and everything was fine, until I started adding fragrances. Then the cart would only let me choose "pick up" option.

Oh well.. I am sticking with local as long as I can.

I did get an order yesterday of packaging.
I got some shrink wrap and tested out wrapping a bath bomb in it.
OMG - I just about died at how ugly it was! now I don't know what to do!!!!!!! =( Cello I guess is the only way to go.

Really? It was ugly? How ugly can clear wrap be? I've seen them packaged in clear tubes. I thought that looked pretty cool but I don't know how cost effective it would be. They look good in boxes too. Again - probably not the cheapest option, though.

It just looked... yucky.
I really didn't like it.

I know... you'd think clear shrink would look well, like nothing.. but it just looked blah!

I'm thinking of other ways to wrap them - maybe 3 or 4 together instead of one by one.

I downloaded the Coastal Scents Bath Bomb recipes and looked through them they seem like they will work out fairly well. The others I have found seem a little iffy to me.. : / BUUTTTT we'll see how everything plays out when I go on leave after this stupid deployment and force my mother and sister in law to partake in the fun :twisted: MUHAHAHAHAHA!! sorry.. I understand slavery is a horrible thing but I have to enslave my family to test and make them work for me :wink:

*No family member will be harmed in the making of the products*

I hope I am not too late, but perhaps you should try it the "easy" way first.
I like this recipe; it does not have anything interested added, but you could do that next time.
• 1 part citric acid
• 2 parts baking soda
• Coloring of your choice - food color works great
• Fragrance oil of your choice
• Basic oil of your choice - I use Almond Oil
• A few drops Mulsifan (oil/water emulgator) - could be skipped
• Dome Shaped Mold

Mix the dry ingedrients very well
(if you use dry color mix it in now)
Put in some drops of the (food) color
Put in the Mulsifan
Add the Almond Oil - not more than a teaspoon or less at a time
Mix thouroughly,
add some more oil - mix .... repeat until the desired consistency is reached.
Mold it and unmold directly afterwards.

Tip make a second bowl with a bit of the same baking soda/citric Acid mixture. If your mix gets too wet, you can immediately put some extra in.

As you may have noticed, I don't use any water or additional liquid!

These bombs get hard like a rock! Success guaranteed :)

My originall recipe measurements (if you need to convert)
120 gr natriumbicarbonaat
60 gr citric acid
4 drops orange food colouring
30 drops EO tangerine
20 ml almond oil - or less
2 ml mulsifan

You could change the proportion of baking soda/citric acid to 3:1 - same good result!

have fun :)

It's not the hardness I have issues with, it's that I want them to float. I gave up on 'em. Things that are powder based hate my guts. :roll:

bath bombs

LJA said:
It's not the hardness I have issues with, it's that I want them to float. I gave up on 'em. Things that are powder based hate my guts. :roll:

the recipe I gave you did't work for you???

They crumbled on me. :cry: I'm convinced I just lack some essential gene that prevents me from making these **** things.

Latest posts

Back