bath Bombs Ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrhh!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only made one batch of bath bombs, and I think that they turned out pretty good. I would love to add some cocoa butter to my recipe, and play around with it a bit, but does the cocoa butter leave a residue in the bathtub?

BTW here is my recipe:

Mix well until smooth in large bowl:

1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup Epsom salts
Wet Ingredients:

2-1/2 tablespoon light oil (sweet almond, jojoba, avocado oil - sunflower oil can be used also or light olive)
3/4 tablespoon water
1 to 2 teaspoon essential oil or fragrance oil
1/4 teaspoon Borax (an emulsifier)
Put the wet ingredients and borax in a small jar and shake like crazy

Add your colorant to the wet mixture

Pour wet mixture SLOWLY over dry ingredients.
Mix with hand similar to mixing biscuits.
Keep pouring slowly and mix.
Mixture will hold together when squeezed in palm of your hand.

If the mixture seems to dry add just a tiny bit of extra oil, not water to moisten the mix.

You have to press, press, press and then press some more into your molds.
Then turn the mold over and they will just drop right out.
These will need to air dry for 24 hours!
You can put a fan on them to help with drying.
If you do not let these air dry for at least 24 hours they will become soft and will fall apart.

Note: I have found that on HUMID or rainy days to forget making these!
They press nicely in molds BUT they try to go off (small bumps on top of bomb) this doesn't affect how well the bomb works.
It is just a visual thing, I prefer smooth tops.

Panda says: "Note: I have found that on HUMID or rainy days to forget making these! "

I am sure this is my problem.

NOTE: Do nt make M&P on humid days either, it attracts sooooooooo much moisture out of the air they will be all gooey!

OMG, I'm at work and want to run home to make bath bombs so I have enough for market on Sat. but today is very humid at the moment. I made my first bombs in years a few weeks ago and I guess it was beginner's luck as they turned out just fine. I believe it was the first time I used an oil in them as well and very little witch hazel. I just worked the oil through like I was making shortbread cookies and they set up amazingly.

Guess I'd better get back to work and stay off of here before the net police catch me and cut my wings.

I just posted a picture of my bath bombs in the project area. I make mines under a "fan" when its too humid.. I turn all the fans on. I make almost perfect bath bombs everytime.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back