Bath bombs/fizzies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poochsmooch

Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to share some good recipes, I know it's trial and error, but I need a base to work off of. As it stands, my first batch turned out very soft and crumbly even after two days of drying for very small samples.

If you post your recipe we can help trouble shoot it.

And honestly if you want a basic bath fizzie, 2 parts baking soda to 1 part citric acid is as basic as it gets. Everything else is optional

Hey! I just started a thread here - http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53708

Its not quite done yet, but I plan on breaking down the whole process. Ill give you a spoiler, though.

Dissolve a little bit of dextrin in your water you use to wet your mixture. Its the same stuff that they used to put on the back of stamps that you had to lick, and also is used to bind loose powders together for fireworks!

Its realllly easy to make, too. Just bake some corn starch in the oven at 400F for about 2 hours, stirring it every so often so it doesn't burn. Once its the color of a manilla folder or a taaad darker, its ready. You can either add it to your water before you dampen your mix, or you can add a small amount to you dry mix. Adding it to the dry mix wont work as well if you are using lots of oils.

Back