Bath Bomb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbarrett

Reaction score
I have been making personal use bath bombs for a while. I am looking to adding them to my line for craft shows. I have great micas already and have heard mixed review as to if they would work for bombs. Can I get your expert opinions?

Sorry I should have been more clear. I use the micas I. My cold process soaps. I have only been using the bombs personally so have just used them white. Would like to add color before I make them for my table.

The first time I made bath bombs I used mica to color mine a real light purple since I was using lavender EO. It seemed like I had to use more of the Mica then I really wanted to just to get the light purple color. Big mistake.... the mica made a ring in the bath tub and then the oils used made an even bigger mess. Now I only use the La Bomb colorants from BB or the bath bomb color powders from WSP and very little oil. I've seen other people use food coloring with good results.

I use micas to color mine, but as Val-11 stared, you have to be light handed. Don't expect to be able to get a rich color with micas unless you want to color the water and possibly the tub. I usually have pastel colored bath bombs.

Why do you want to colour them though? inonly tried colouring mine once, and kind of prefer them white but scented well.

When I tried sephoras bath fizzes they were all white, but wrapped like candy in different colour wrap...and so do many others.

If you want them to be eye catching, why not simply find a way to wrap them in shiny paper as if they are candy or baubles?

If you want to use micas, add poly-80 at the same amount as any oil you add. This will prevent the mica ring in the tub and help prevent staining issues.

Remember micas will not color the water for that you want to use colors made for bath bombs. (See above posters suggestions, WSP & liquids, liquids can be tricky in bombs)

Last edited:
Back