Bath Bomb video on UTUBE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOY7QFOVv6A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOY7QFOVv6A[/ame]

VERY helpful!

I have seen then at places like Michaels & Hobby Lobby. I think you can also get them at orientaltrading.com

They are empty Christmas ornamanets. They were made to be filled w/ candy or silk flowers, etc.

I guess you can using any plastic hold as a mold. Like for Valentines day you could use those plastic hearts that come filled with candy...

I tried using rubbing alcohol today instead of witch hazel and it worked a zillion times better...

so, i clicked the link and realized my speakers weren't on, so i turned them on and the vid was already starting and i look up at the screen to see this woman with a giant pink fluff in her hair! :lol: but then i realized that it wasn't in her hair it was just really oddly placed in the background!

With rubbing alcohol they harden MUCH better... And no, it didn't cause the batch to fizz, I was actually able to add more alcohol (the 70% kind) than witch hazel, so I had NO crumbling when I un molded.

That video was sooo funny (especially the bloopers!) but very informative as well. I definetely marked it in my faves!

Thanks for posting it. I had purchased some FOs from coastal scents in the past but it's been awhile. I believe I like them?

Sharon

I think rubbing alcohol works so much better! I don't think I could ever go back to witch hazel. I havent had a bad batch since! ..I wonder why recipes are always posted using witch hazel????

I made 4 batches tonight after watching the video again. I now see I was using too much oil & that is why it took so long to dry/harden & sometimes they didn't harden.

I purchased bombs in bulk from coastal to sell in my shop once when I decided I would give up on bombs for good.

I believe I will start making them again, at least a couple times a year.

So, the clay is supposed to prevet cracking.... wondered what it was for other tha label appeal.

In the batches I just made I omitted the clay but added 1 tsp shea. I will have to try one out & report back.

So, the clay is supposed to prevet cracking.... wondered what it was for other tha label appeal.

In the batches I just made I omitted the clay but added 1 tsp shea. I will have to try one out & report back. I also used equal parts soda & citric. No real reason, just wanted to be a rebel I guess!

Back