Bath Bomb Vanilla Stabilizer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermanam

Reaction score
Can someone please clarify which vanilla stabilizer is needed for use in bath bombs? I am assuming it is the one for lotions and body washes (not m&p or cp soap). When used at a 1:1 ratio, it seems this would cause issues with the amount of liquid in the bath bomb recipe? Thanks for the help.

Vanilla will turn soap a tan color. I would use a fragrance oil with low vanilla content and use that percent vanilla stabilizer for lotions and washes. For instance if the fragrance oil has a 5% vanilla content and you use .5 ounce of FO, I would use .025 oz of vanilla stabilizer.

I know that vanilla will turn soap brown, but I have been reading mixed reviews about its effect on bath bombs. I would love to hear others' experience with this. For example, I would love to make a Pink Sugar bath bomb. I have read some whose bath bombs have turned brown with this FO, but others did not.

Is a vanilla stabilizer necessary with bath bombs, and is it effective. I have some m&p stabilizer on hand, but that should not be used for bath bombs, correct?

Sorry, I meant to say that vanilla will turn bath bombs brown. I speak from experience. I would probably use stabilizer meant for lotions and washes, but you can try the M&P vanilla stabilizer in a small batch to see if it works. If it is used in M&P, it should be skin safe.

Thanks, I'll give it a try with the mp stabilizer I have on hand. Just wanted to make sure that was ok to use.

Back