Bath Bomb Size

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsoap

Reaction score
For those of you that make bath bombs, what size of mold do you use? I don't want to use the plastic christmas tree ordaments as I've had too many break on me... looking for other options.

I have a stainless bath bomb mold from BB that is about the same size as the ornaments, works great. A little more oval ish shaped than a plastic ornament.

I also have a stainless steel mold and I agree it works great. I've also made bombs in silicone and plastic soap molds. I've found molds with cavities that are wider and a little more shallow were the easiest to get out.

Do people use a whole one for a bath? They seem really big. I guess I should test out how much goes in a bath.

yep it's that one... it's large, the size of an ornament or close to the size of the bombs at lush. yes I use a whole one in the bath.

I don't think you'd need more than a dozen... depending on how many you're making at a time. It goes pretty fast with these, I just leave them in the mold a minute and then let it out!

like the instructions say, overfill both sides a little (I add a bunch, press it down into each side, and then top it off overfilled) and the sides will not lock together. they just touch together.

Latest posts

Back