Bath bomb request

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this is offensive, but I would like to attempt bath bomb making and request a trade secret recipe. I have been looking in as many places as I can to find a simple recipe, with very little success. The bath bombs will be used by my family.

Does anyone have an easy bath bomb recipe they'd be willing to share?

Thank you.

I have purchased the above Recipe as well as a couple of other of her tutorials. Mainly because I did not want to spend the time testing. She has well-proven recipes that do work. I do like to support the little guy that has put in the effort to test their recipes, having no issues with paying for them. It takes a lot of time and expense to test recipes.

Here is a link to wsp library where you can find bath bomb recipes Chemistry of Bath Bombs - Wholesale Supplies Plus

Last edited:
Thanks @cmzaha! My wife has been wanting to make some bath bombs so I bought the recipe above. It's nice to support small business even if she never makes them :) I'm to busy crafting soap to want to delve into anything else right now.

DIY Bathandbody from Etsy sells recipes. She also has a very simple free one in the “guides” section of her facebook group. I’m going to try that one first, as I’m looking for an easy recipe also.

DIY Bathandbody from Etsy sells recipes. She also has a very simple free one in the “guides” section of her Facebook group. I’m going to try that one first, as I’m looking for an easy recipe also.
I do love DIYBathandbody's recipes...I've never tried her bath bombs. I started with this YouTube tutorial. she had really good tips. like adding citric acid very last.

DIY Mooncake Press Bath Bombs

That video lead me to this one that included recipe.

DIY Bath Bomb Free Recipe

I didn't have some ingredients at the time and had to adjust. But I didn't use mica (just different colors of clay) so didn't need polysorbate-80. and didn't have SLSa at the time. May try more again with the SLSa. I think it just adds more bubbles. But was always happy with the way they turned out. And everybody loved them.

This is my adjusted recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
Misc: BAKING SODA 56.60%
Salt: Epsom Salt 9.43%
Clays: Rose Clay 1.89%
BaseOil: Almond 0.94%
FO: Fragrance oil 1.42%
Misc: ALCOHOL 1.42%
Misc: CITRIC ACID 28.30%

NOTES: In a medium bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients EXCEPT CITRIC ACID. MIX ON LOW SPEED FOR 3 MIN to combine.
In a separate small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones very slowly.
WHEN WELL MIXED ADD CITRIC ACID.
Mix until combined, and the ingredients look like wet sand.
PACK AND PRESS IN MOLD. PLACE ON LINED SHEET PAN. Let the bath bombs dry for 24 hours before enjoying in the tub.

I used my kitchen aid mixer and just mixed each stage for 5 minutes or so. I mixed each stage alot... lol!
Have fun!

I do love DIYBathandbody's recipes...I've never tried her bath bombs. I started with this YouTube tutorial. she had really good tips. like adding citric acid very last.

DIY Mooncake Press Bath Bombs

That video lead me to this one that included recipe.

DIY Bath Bomb Free Recipe

I didn't have some ingredients at the time and had to adjust. But I didn't use mica (just different colors of clay) so didn't need polysorbate-80. and didn't have SLSa at the time. May try more again with the SLSa. I think it just adds more bubbles. But was always happy with the way they turned out. And everybody loved them.

This is my adjusted recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
Misc: BAKING SODA 56.60%
Salt: Epsom Salt 9.43%
Clays: Rose Clay 1.89%
BaseOil: Almond 0.94%
FO: Fragrance oil 1.42%
Misc: ALCOHOL 1.42%
Misc: CITRIC ACID 28.30%

NOTES: In a medium bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients EXCEPT CITRIC ACID. MIX ON LOW SPEED FOR 3 MIN to combine.
In a separate small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones very slowly.
WHEN WELL MIXED ADD CITRIC ACID.
Mix until combined, and the ingredients look like wet sand.
PACK AND PRESS IN MOLD. PLACE ON LINED SHEET PAN. Let the bath bombs dry for 24 hours before enjoying in the tub.

I used my kitchen aid mixer and just mixed each stage for 5 minutes or so. I mixed each stage alot... lol!
Have fun!
That looks like a great recipe! DIYBB said the SLSA slows the fix from about 30 seconds to 5 minutes, helps the bombs to float, and only makes a teeny bit of bubbles. Used at 1-2%.

That looks like a great recipe! DIYBB said the SLSA slows the fix from about 30 seconds to 5 minutes, helps the bombs to float, and only makes a teeny bit of bubbles. Used at 1-2%.
Thanks! I've personally never used the bath bombs. So not a bath person!! I gave them out with Christmas gifts after the kids tested them out. I am now curious to tryout the SLsa...

ETA: Yep! My Bombs definitely sink the bottom and are done fizzing 30 seconds latter! Lol! So very anticlimactic!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back