Bath bomb recipe by my daughter and I

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does this work better than your bath bomb recipe?

• No, mine is tried and perfected

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, thanks for the tips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

herrenfam

Reaction score
We’ve been having a great time with this oversized batch. I hope this helps anyone having problems getting them to work. Any suggestions welcome!

Ingredients

• 10 Disk Mold & Packages
• 2 cups Baking Soda
• 1 cup Citric Acid
• 1/2 c cornstarch
2 Tbsp benzoate clay
• 3 oz. Coarse Epson salts
• 1/2 tsp bath bomb dropper
colorant
• 3 oz. Coconut Oil
• 4 mL “Black Sea” fragrance Oil
4 ml Flannel BBW Type fragrance
oil
• 0.3 oz. Polysorbate 80
• Dropper
• 91% alcohol in Spray Bottle

Instructions

1 divide Citric acid/baking soda/cornstarch into two separate bowls after stirring together and straining. Mix the benzoate clay to each bowl. Add a small amount of the epsom to the bottom of the bath bomb molds and set aside. TIP: Don't add too much salt to the bottom of the molds, or a large majority of it will fall off when the bath bomb is removed from the mold.

4 Melt the coconut oil in the microwave using 30-60 second bursts. In a separate fragrance oil-safe container, mix together the coconut oil, Fragrance Oil, and polysorbate 80.

5. Add half of the oil mixture and drops of color to each bowl and stir together with a whisk. Once thoroughly combined, switch to mixing and compressing mixture with your hands.

6 place a small pinch of Epsom salts in the bottom of the mold. Add a small handful of mixture into the mold and press down slightly. You want the Epsom salts to connect with the bath salts, but not compress the layer.

7 add a larger handful to the mold, and lightly pat flat with your hand. Add a smaller third handful so that there is a little mountain of powder sticking up. Use a cupped hand and lightly pat down this top layer, not compacting but keeping the crystals in place. Set aside.

Fill up the second side of the mold in the same three-step technique. Hold each mold half in one hand almost on its side, and squeeze the two halves of the mold together firmly. Clear the excess crystals from the mold seam. Using a solid metal spoon or measuring cup, lightly tap all over the mold, one side at a time, 6-7 times until you head a change in the ping of the spoon showing it’s loosened from the mold.

Lift one half of the mold straight up to remove. Flip over the bomb and lift off the second mold half.

Place the bath bombs on wadded up kitchen towels and if needed, put the bombs in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm so the balls don’t flatten.

Back