Bath bomb questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 cups bicarbonate 1 cup citric acid. 2:1 ratio

Tablespoon of cocoa butter and slsa per every cup of bicarbonate.

Hope that helps! :)

2 cups bicarbonate 1 cup citric acid. 2:1 ratio

Tablespoon of cocoa butter and slsa per every cup of bicarbonate.

Hope that helps! :)
Who are you responding to? The last poster gave ingredients they want to use but this didn't help. This is a basic recipe that doesnt' do much for most folks.

Hi all,

I am new to the whole bath bomb venture, I have tried a few recipes with citrid acid, baking soda, Epsom salts, coconut oil and corn flour but I have found that the fizzing is great but they are a bit heavy which causes them to sink and dont bubble. I have purchased some cocoa butter, slsa and clay to try a different recipe. Does anyone have a recipe including these ingredients, I'm just not sure on the ratio.

would be much appreciated xx
I tried this recipe yesterday and they came out lovely.
https://crayonsandcravings.com/bath-bomb-press/

If your bombs are sinking, try packing them a little looser.

Hi all,

I am new to the whole bath bomb venture, I have tried a few recipes with citrid acid, baking soda, Epsom salts, coconut oil and corn flour but I have found that the fizzing is great but they are a bit heavy which causes them to sink and dont bubble. I have purchased some cocoa butter, slsa and clay to try a different recipe. Does anyone have a recipe including these ingredients, I'm just not sure on the ratio.

would be much appreciated xx
There are quite a few recipes here on the forum. I've not used corn flour but do add a bit of Kaolin clay, SLSA and PS 80. Start with your basic recipe and then add a bit of the SLSA and a bit of clay. Replace the CO with some Cocoa Butter. I spritz with 91% alcohol if it needs some extra moisture.

There are more than enough ingredients to make bathbombs. I use this recipe and get floating spinning bathbombs! :)

Thanks all for the feedback. If you aren't using epsom salts, then what else would you use? Using cocoa butter I've heard of, but it's quite expensive to get locally. I might try the isopropyl route, and reducing the amount of coconut oil and almond oil, see what happens. It does seem like a lot of oil in the recipe..... Everything else about the recipe is perfect though, the balls come out of the molds perfectly and without issue, and the fizz is pretty much perfect.

I wonder if shea butter is cheaper, it gives very hard bath bombs. Have you tried using stearic acid, it needs to be tested to adjust the amount also you need to be carful not to burn your hands.

I tried this recipe yesterday and they came out lovely.
https://crayonsandcravings.com/bath-bomb-press/

If your bombs are sinking, try packing them a little looser.

It looks good recipe to me but the cream of tarter is pricy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back