Bath Bomb Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
3DCA0BEB-6052-451E-9A8B-1DDA7B4B6C65.jpeg

Has anyone used the hard plastic molds from Milky Way to make bath bombs? How did they work? I would like to make bath bombs with this soap mold for music. The details are less fine than my moon cake bath bombs, so my hope is that they would work. What do you think? Will it help if I cut the soap mold out from the bigger size tray and use it as an individual mold?

View attachment 67036

Has anyone used the hard plastic molds from Milky Way to make bath bombs? How did they work? I would like to make bath bombs with this soap mold for music. The details are less fine than my moon cake bath bombs, so my hope is that they would work. What do you think? Will it help if I cut the soap mold out from the bigger size tray and use it as an individual mold?
Yes, I have used them, and there is also a YouTuber Emilie Lefler who uses them for shower steamers.

I used them for shower steamers. I prefer using the mooncake press though. I made a bigger mess with the Milky Way mold and I didn't do a very good job keeping the bottom nice and flat. I used a smaller cavity mold than you have pictured. Yours is cute!

Thank you @AliOop, @gardengeek, and @MelissaG! Based on your advice I went for it last night and molded a tray of music BBs. I cut the soap molds up into individual cavities with a half inch edge around them and it worked like a charm. I added embeds in purple, pink and turquoise with hopes that they would blend into a decent color for the bathwater. I also molded fluffy puppies for a friend, no embeds. BY request, both batches are scented with Nurtures Grim Reaper plus some gardenia. I also made sunflower BB moon cakes with embeds with blue and yellow embeds, scented with Persephone’s Kiss plus some Afternoon Tea. I haven’t tested any to find out if they will float. Hope I won’t be terribly disappointed. Next step is to learn all about painting!
B13D0D96-FF08-464F-97E8-0289C8E4E05E.jpeg
270D0D00-AA93-45B1-A27E-C8DCECF6BF0C.jpeg
45A462A2-B317-45FE-B54F-7ECF4206D697.jpeg

Thank you @AliOop, @gardengeek, and @MelissaG! Based on your advice I went for it last night and molded a tray of music BBs. I cut the soap molds up into individual cavities with a half inch edge around them and it worked like a charm. I added embeds in purple, pink and turquoise with hopes that they would blend into a decent color for the bathwater. I also molded fluffy puppies for a friend, no embeds. BY request, both batches are scented with Nurtures Grim Reaper plus some gardenia. I also made sunflower BB moon cakes with embeds with blue and yellow embeds, scented with Persephone’s Kiss plus some Afternoon Tea. I haven’t tested any to find out if they will float. Hope I won’t be terribly disappointed. Next step is to learn all about painting!
View attachment 67049View attachment 67050View attachment 67051
They turned out very nice!
That was a good idea cutting the mold. I never would have thought of that! Please post pics when you paint them. Can't wait to see them 😍

View attachment 67049View attachment 67050View attachment 67051
These are gorgeous!

Back