Bath Bomb Making Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BathGirl88

Reaction score
I am making bath bombs to sell and have recently ordered Bramble Berry La Bomb Colorants to use in them (haven't tried before). My question is:

Do I need to use Polysorbate 80 with La Bomb colorants? Or do they disperse ok in water without it?

Do customers care if Bath Bombs do not float? Because mine do not float.

FTR my ingredients so far:

1 Cup Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Citric Acid
1/2 Cup Epsom Salts
2-3 TBSP Sweet Almond Oil

I have tried with and without cornstarch and find cornstarch makes them softer and alot longer to set up. Also tried without Epsom Salts and didn't care for appearance. Also tried with and without Kaolin Clay, Cream of Tartar etc. This recipe has worked the best for me, but none of the ways has got them to float except a batch I made ages ago and can't even remember what I put in them. Almost a year old, but they floated.

The best way to know is to check their recipes using the product. They do list polysorbate 80 as an ingredient along with La Bomb colorants, especially if you are including oils or butters in the recipe. Polysorbate 80 helps emulsify the water and oil, helping to prevent floating oil or colorant.

Latest posts

Back