Bath bomb help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chanhoon Park

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new here and wanna get help.
I've made bath bombs for a couple of months, but got some problems on making this.
I always try to set the humidity as 40 % when I make bath bombs and dry it in 40% of humidity as well.
it drys perfectly but when I test it in water, it doesn't really fizz but get swollen as soon as I put it in the water like... clumps
It also fizzes but doesn't seem right. Is it in such a very humid condition when I dry it?

What are your ingredients? It is hard to help without knowing the ingredients and the process.

What are your ingredients? It is hard to help without knowing the ingredients and the process.
Hi.
1200g bicarb
600g citric acid
20g slsa

2TB carrier oil
1TB witch hazel
1t LPB
Wilton colorant

I think that's it, and if i feel the texture is too dry, a couple of spritz of witch hazel.

The no-fail recipe I use, (not mine), uses cocoa butter instead of witch hazel. You might also, consider adding potassium bitartrate, (cream of tartar), to your recipe. PM me for the recipe that works for me.:)

The no-fail recipe I use, (not mine), uses cocoa butter instead of witch hazel. You might also, consider adding potassium bitartrate, (cream of tartar), to your recipe. PM me for the recipe that works for me.:)
THANK YOU SO MUCH !! the potassium bitartrate is known as cream of tartar right? what does it exactly do in bath bombs? :)
Also, any reason using cocoa butter instead of witch hazel? and what if I feel the mixture is too dry, what to use? water?

Cream of tartar helps to stabilize the foam in bath bombs. Using cocoa butter in my recipes gives me rock hard bath bombs. I don't use water in my bath bombs. Cocoa butter and FOs/EOs are the only liquid in the recipe I use.

Back