bath bomb crisis

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bath bomb crisis has now been resolved thank you to everyone that has helped me in this issue I really am greatful this is what they now look like that I have got them done properly so pleased with the out come thanks again I removed the corn flour and epsom salt and oil and added a bit more water and it has turned out great

1444569080733.jpg

1444569102203.jpg

Well done darkbanshee87! They are looking good, soon you will learn more and more tips and tricks on how to make them work best for you. They look very good.

Heck (and that's not the word I wanna use), I've been fiddling around with trying to make these things for the last 3 days. Gradually upping the amount of dry mix and lowering the amount of liquid (oil). For something that looks sooooo easy, these things are working my nerves. LOL. And let's not talk about the amount of pressure you have to use to get the two halves to stick together when using a meatballer. I gave up and ordered some of the plastic molds.

Oh well ... on to batch number 6 later this evening. At least this gives me something to do while waiting for my shea and lye to arrive since I was kinda dumb and waited until I was almost out before ordering more.

It took me two years to get some to work. Then they didn't sell well so I quit making them. Can't find the recipe I used so been working on them again for 4 months and think I may have it.

Ahhh, so all is NOT lost. These things have had me going crazy. I didn't want to use one of the "Cup of this and Cup of that" recipes. I wanted to have my recipe broken down by percentages/weight. So, it's been "tweak this and tweak that". Especially when it comes to oils ... and I think I may be onto something with this last batch. Also read in an old thread from around 2009 that popping them into an oven can help. They said to pre-heat the oven to 170 F, turn it off and then pop your bombs into the oven for about 45 mins. I did all that except I only left the bombs in for 25 minutes and this last batch seemed to turn out ok. Of course, in the last batch I didn't add any Shea .. Just went with Apricot Oil.

Ahhh, so all is NOT lost. These things have had me going crazy. I didn't want to use one of the "Cup of this and Cup of that" recipes. I wanted to have my recipe broken down by percentages/weight. So, it's been "tweak this and tweak that". Especially when it comes to oils ... and I think I may be onto something with this last batch. Also read in an old thread from around 2009 that popping them into an oven can help. They said to pre-heat the oven to 170 F, turn it off and then pop your bombs into the oven for about 45 mins. I did all that except I only left the bombs in for 25 minutes and this last batch seemed to turn out ok. Of course, in the last batch I didn't add any Shea .. Just went with Apricot Oil.

There's a recipe in this thread using percentages http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=28026

I don't use quite as much clay.. but it can give you a starting point

Back