Bath Bomb Blunders

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NySoapMom

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Quick question...if my bath bombs come out too soft, cracked or just wrong...can I sell the powder in a jar instead as "Fizzy Bath Powder" or something? Or maybe add more salts and call the "Fizzy Bath Salts?"

Mine have shea butter in them along with slsa, epsom salt, dead sea clay/ or bentonite clay, polysorbate 80, citric acid, baking soda, tapioca starch , 91% rubbing alcohol and fragrances.

Also, the first two batches I made came out perfect...the next two are too soft..but they were done on a different day, so humidity could have been a factor.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I haven't "sold" my failures as fizzy bath powder. I have however crushed up my bath bomb failures and mixed the resultant powder with epsom salt and sea salt. I put the mix into some empty bath tea bags I was given and gave the resultant "fizzing bath tea" to family and friends. They seem to like it.

Hi everyone! Quick question...if my bath bombs come out too soft, cracked or just wrong...can I sell the powder in a jar instead as "Fizzy Bath Powder" or something? Or maybe add more salts and call the "Fizzy Bath Salts?"

Mine have shea butter in them along with slsa, epsom salt, dead sea clay/ or bentonite clay, polysorbate 80, citric acid, baking soda, tapioca starch , 91% rubbing alcohol and fragrances.

Also, the first two batches I made came out perfect...the next two are too soft..but they were done on a different day, so humidity could have been a factor.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I wouldn't be selling them as powder, until you get your recipe right. You have only made 2 batches that are right and need more practice before unleashing your product on unsuspecting clients.
Make more and test before selling to people. You are not even sure why they did what they did, you are only guessing.

I wouldn't be selling them as powder, until you get your recipe right. You have only made 2 batches that are right and need more practice before unleashing your product on unsuspecting clients.
Make more and test before selling to people. You are not even sure why they did what they did, you are only guessing.

Sage advice. I didn't catch that.

You don't want to sell inferior products. I have been making bath bombs for a few years now and sell a ton of them. But yesterdays batch didn't come out quite right using the same recipe that has worked for years. Instead of smooth sides, they are quite rough and I won't be selling those! I have no idea why it happened. Might be the new citric acid??? Luckily my grandson loves this fragrance, so he will be happy!

Yes, you're right! I just was hoping it was similar to bath powder :( Oh well, I'll disperse the bad "eggs" to friends! Some hardened up but some still have soft spots....we'll see...

Latest posts

Back