Bath & Body Play Time!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the day, many, many moons ago, when we were discussing toothsoap on another forum, many soapers with gingivitus reported that their dentists were all amazed at the improvement to their gums and they needed to come less often. It's a good thing.

BTW: I brush my teeth with liquid soap in a foamer... easy to use, flavor, and tastes a bit better than the hard toothsoap.

Great idea, Zany!

@Deborah Long I'll PM you!
Thanks @Misschief I'll have to check out the FB group. I don't think that was one that I was banned from (hahaha - I know I was kicked out of two soap groups because I argued whether HP needs to cure, and another regarding pH testing in soap, some people just don't like to be told they're wrong).

@Deborah Long I'll PM you!
Thanks @Misschief I'll have to check out the FB group. I don't think that was one that I was banned from (hahaha - I know I was kicked out of two soap groups because I argued whether HP needs to cure, and another regarding pH testing in soap, some people just don't like to be told they're wrong).
Oh, you rebel, you. ;) I think you'll be safe; there are soap makers in the group but it's primarily for DIY Bath & Body recipe support and she doesn't have soap recipes.

I just joined! Really curious about some of the products they discuss. I would like to bring more bath into my lineup - especially if I can get unique "no one has this" items. I'm switching up my bubble scoops (they haven't been selling well at all now that bath bombs are so cheap at WalMart) to more unique shapes to see if that generates some new interest.

I just joined! Really curious about some of the products they discuss. I would like to bring more bath into my lineup - especially if I can get unique "no one has this" items. I'm switching up my bubble scoops (they haven't been selling well at all now that bath bombs are so cheap at WalMart) to more unique shapes to see if that generates some new interest.
That's one of the reasons I bought some of her recipes. I wanted to diversify a little; soap is lovely but most people won't buy if they've already bought but haven't used it up.

I made a small, 5 bars, batch of syndet shampoo bars this afternoon, using my new shampoo bar mold; it arrived at the end of my work day yesterday, as I'd hoped it would. This batch is Green Apple with Argan & Collagen. They smell so fresh and..... apple-y.
20190427_143803_HDR.jpg

That's one of the reasons I bought some of her recipes. I wanted to diversify a little; soap is lovely but most people won't buy if they've already bought but haven't used it up.

I had the ladies grab out of a bag last night for door prizes and I had a couple different baggies of the solid bubble bars--well the one lady I really wanted to grab it grabbed a soap bar so I wound up getting her some of the bubbles and I think I got an order out it--not why I wanted her to have them but I will take it

these look great! Have any of you tried the body conditioner bar? It’s got some interesting ingredients in it. It’s fashioned after lush conditioner bar. Even though they claim to use fresh squeezed fruit in theirs.

I made a big batch of shampoo bars yesterday to give to testers. I still cannot get them to look smooth or get those air bubbles out. Does anyone use the molds from Cada Soapery?

Attachments

• 20190602_132736.jpg
    20190602_132736.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 21
Does anyone use the molds from Cada Soapery?

I have a mold (made by my husband, not Cada Soapery) similar if not exact to the Cada mold and I LOVE it! It's so much easier for me to use the pressure from my palms then using my fingers to try to push stuff into a mold!

My shampoo bars turn out perfect, no roughness, no air bubbles. If you don't have a 3D printer, I think it would be worth your while to get one!

Those look lovely to me, however!

I made a big batch of shampoo bars yesterday to give to testers. I still cannot get them to look smooth or get those air bubbles out. Does anyone use the molds from Cada Soapery?
I have a Cada mold. I'm still in practice mode with it but I like the shape of the bars. Someone in the DIY B&B group (I think) suggested rubbing them down with a little dimethicone to facilitate removing the bars. I'll be trying that with the next batch I make.

And, I agree with Deborah - your bars look great. Nothing wrong with those at all.

Back