Bath & Body Play Time!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EasterBubbleBathBars.jpg

I've been having fun making bubbly bars for our grandchildren for Easter! It's like playing with play dough!

Well, I made a facial Balm this week with my home-rendered suet from a local farmer/butcher. It is the picture in my avatar!
75% suet, 12% rosehip seed oil, 12% argan oil, 1% EO blend (cedar wood, cardamom and litsea cubeba)
It's too hard to scoop up or even rub your finger on the surface, but I can scrape it up with my finger and then it spreads beautifully.
Genuinely have never used anything that has such a clear anti-ageing effect on my skin ( And I've been using some excellent skincare up till now that I had no expectation of exceeding) most impressive.
I'm wondering whether at those ratios it would make a good lotion bar? (Using dandelion infused sunflower oil I just made)

@Misschief - Those look amazing! I love your labels, the way it looks so yummy! See, now I want some! lol
That's the idea! ;)

Well, I made a facial Balm this week with my home-rendered suet from a local farmer/butcher. It is the picture in my avatar!
75% suet, 12% rosehip seed oil, 12% argan oil, 1% EO blend (cedar wood, cardamom and litsea cubeba)
It's too hard to scoop up or even rub your finger on the surface, but I can scrape it up with my finger and then it spreads beautifully.
Genuinely have never used anything that has such a clear anti-ageing effect on my skin ( And I've been using some excellent skincare up till now that I had no expectation of exceeding) most impressive.
I'm wondering whether at those ratios it would make a good lotion bar? (Using dandelion infused sunflower oil I just made)
My favourite balm is made with Tallow and Lard. Yours sounds amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been having fun making bubbly bars for our grandchildren for Easter! It's like playing with play dough!

its addicting isn't it--I made some in the pinwheel and some with the ice cream scoop--so far I think I like the pinwheel shape the best--it seems to be drying faster. I have been experimenting with different ingredients and have found two that I am going to use. one has shea and cocoa butter in it--not much for bubbles but feels really good in the tub and one has great bubbles and is drying faster. now I am waiting for more SLSA so I can make some for easter treats. and the one with petals on the top is a bath melt--but I used coconut oil instead of the butters I was supposed to so I will try them again cuz I like the way they look but they are too soft. how big do you guys make your pinwheels--mine are small but I don't know that they are too small?
20190413_165502.jpg

Sounds amazing!

I made a 1 kg batch of Foaming Bath Butter base today.

Did you use the DIY baths products recipe? I bought it also. Have you tried her cream soap recipe as well? I wondered if it is similar to or very different from the feel of the FBB. I haven't bought it yet. I found the FBB recipe nice but a bit open but I may have overbeaten it for a unicorn swirl. :)

Did you use the DIY baths products recipe? I bought it also. Have you tried her cream soap recipe as well? I wondered if it is similar to or very different from the feel of the FBB. I haven't bought it yet. I found the FBB recipe nice but a bit open but I may have overbeaten it for a unicorn swirl. :)
I love her stuff. The Buttercream Body Frosting is made with the FBB recipe. A 1 kg batch made 4 of each "flavour". I beat it until it's about double, maybe a touch more, and I haven't found that it deflated at all.

I've also made the Buttercream Body Wash (amazing!), the thinner version. I also use her Shampoo Bar and Conditioner recipes. Another of her recipes that I absolutely love is the Melting Facial Cleansing Balm.

Can you tell I'm a little excited about her products??

its addicting isn't it--I made some in the pinwheel and some with the ice cream scoop--so far I think I like the pinwheel shape the best--it seems to be drying faster. I have been experimenting with different ingredients and have found two that I am going to use. one has shea and cocoa butter in it--not much for bubbles but feels really good in the tub and one has great bubbles and is drying faster. now I am waiting for more SLSA so I can make some for easter treats. and the one with petals on the top is a bath melt--but I used coconut oil instead of the butters I was supposed to so I will try them again cuz I like the way they look but they are too soft. how big do you guys make your pinwheels--mine are small but I don't know that they are too small?View attachment 38311
You can make the pinwheels larger if you want. Then, when you use them, you just break off as much as you want/need. The Lush bubble bars aren't small; they're about 200 grams, or 7 oz.

have you bought more than a few of these recipes then? it looks really interesting
More than a few?? I think there's only one I don't have and am not really interested in (the massage bars). I haven't tried all of them yet but fully intend to. They also have a FB group with some free recipes and a lot of help and encouragement.

wow--here I was going for a single use bar haha. mine are close to 2 ounces
Nothing wrong with that. Yours look great!

I took another stab at the deodorant I was talking about in the other thread, this time with babassu oil and candelilla wax. I'm still in the process of judging its effectiveness.

BUT! I liked working with the babassu oil, I got some on my hands and it absorbed quickly and left my hands feeling very nice. So I thought "why don't I make some lotion bars with this too?" So I did. I used babassu and shea butter in a 3:1 ratio, holding it together with beeswax, and a little bit of the almond fragrance I had left over. I think I used too much on my first test as I found it to be a little greasy, I think that comes from the shea. But once it absorbed my skin felt pretty good. Seems to make good lip balm too.

Here's a pic, not so pretty as the stuff you guys make, but FWIW:

IMG_20190413_195658.jpg

I took another stab at the deodorant I was talking about in the other thread, this time with babassu oil and candelilla wax. I'm still in the process of judging its effectiveness.

BUT! I liked working with the babassu oil, I got some on my hands and it absorbed quickly and left my hands feeling very nice. So I thought "why don't I make some lotion bars with this too?" So I did. I used babassu and shea butter in a 3:1 ratio, holding it together with beeswax, and a little bit of the almond fragrance I had left over. I think I used too much on my first test as I found it to be a little greasy, I think that comes from the shea. But once it absorbed my skin felt pretty good. Seems to make good lip balm too.

Here's a pic, not so pretty as the stuff you guys make, but FWIW:

View attachment 38315
It doesn't have to be pretty to work well. I have never worked with babassu oil. Now I'm intrigued.

Latest posts

Back