Batch no. 2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennfromoz

Reaction score
I have just made my second batch. It actually worked really, and didn't seize this time. I only made a small amount, 4 bars worth. The recipe I used was
Coconut Oil - 18%
Olive Oil - 44%
Lard - 34%
Apricot Kernel Oil - 4%
I didn't use any fragrance and I put 2 teaspoons of concentrated pureed carrot which I made myself and dried out a bit overnight. I used it to add a bit of peachy/orange colour to it.
Anyway I'll unmould it tomorrow and see how it turns out, and use it in 4 weeks.

Attachments

• 20210930_170659.jpg
    20210930_170659.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 10
Well done! How did the trace go? It looks like it was still nice and fluid from the picture, hopefully it gave you a feel for what it's meant to be like :)
Depending on your area, essential oils may be an accessible option for fragrance before you get into dedicated fragrance oils for soaping - those can be ironically more difficult to work with, although may last longer. (Generalising wildly, of course...)
Probably my first 10 batches or so were made with EO. Lavender, peppermint, and any of the citrus should not give trouble.

Back