Batch #35 Palma Christi

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Batch #35 Palma Christi (regular CP)
this is a good cleaning hand soap with great lather.
All Natural Except the LYE, the lye accounts for less than 3% so the
soap is 90+% All Natural
Ingredients: Cotton seed 4 oz., Coconut Oil 5 oz., Palm Kernel oil 3 oz.,
Palma Christi (Castor) 1 oz., Olive 5 oz., Canola oil 4 oz. [total oils 22oz.]
Water 8.36 oz., lye 3.167 ( 5 % super fat)
Trace additives: .5 oz aloe, .5 oz. Vitamin E, .5 oz. Glycerin, Tea Tree oil .5 oz.
Aquamarine blue coloring
Hardness 37 Cleansing 24 Condition 57 Bubbly 28 Creamy 17
Iodine 67 INS 139

The Crosses are not very straight, but this is a test batch. Making the crosses all in one in the log mold is to hard to cut them straight and keep them straight in the mold. My next attempt wil be a slab mold with individual crosses for each bar.:

Palma%20Christi%20Bars.JPG

A church I passed in my travels a while back.
Country%20Church.JPG

Thank you, I've been wanting to make this soap since I started.

Neil, both pictures are cool! The "church in the valley" pic is very impressive!!!

Did you cut the cross out from a bar, them pour the blue soap around it? Cool method whatever you did to make the "cross" soap. I would swear it had to be M&P, but I know better! :lol:

Paul

Thanks everyone, Kindness takes effort and I highly appreciate it. The
Lord has blessed me exceedingly.

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another

Paul, I made a log and cut the cross like one long cross out of the log or loaf, thats why it isnt so straight. then placed it back in the mold and poured the blue. Next time I'm going to use a slab and cut the cross's individually.

Neil, those are just wonderful. Have you considered coloring the rest of the soap red instead of blue, although the blue is beautiful too? What beautiful soaps for Easter.

Dian

nice-looking soap, and the recipe sounds good - I ran it through my soapmaker program and the qualities look better than average.

love the pic too!

Latest posts

Back