Batch #29 Coconut Mango #3

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Batch #29 3rd Coconut Mango:

Ingredients: Coconut oil 4 oz., Mango butter 2 oz., Cocoa Butter 2 oz., Olive oil 2 oz., Canola oil 2 oz.,
Shea butter 2 oz., Grapeseed oil 2 oz. Palm oil 2 oz.. [total oils 20 oz.]
At trace.5 oz aloe, .5 oz. Vitamin E, .5 oz. Glycerin, ., and 1/4 tsp Titanium Dioxide.
1.25 oz. FO ( .75 black Coconut, .5 Mango) The coconut fo used last time was from organic creations and next time I'll change the color to white with yellow swirl.
This one , black coconut is from SOS… the smell was not good , perhaps it will age and smell better. Next
Time I go back to Organic Creation’s coconut FO.
discounted water by 1.6 oz. water 6.0, lye 2.71 (5 % super fat)

Hardness 40 Cleansing 14 Condition 57 Bubbly 23 Creamy 36
Iodine 64 INS 138

This soap may look simular but its actualy a reverse in color, the base was colored with Titanium and the separated mix was left alone.

Reverse on the titanium this time:

29%20cm.JPG

Close up, the specs you see are from a mica called very Coral:
29%20cm%20close.JPG

Another Photo from around My Kio Pond, I really like this one:
100_1251a.JPG

GREAT pictures and the swirling looks wonderful!!!

What do you use to bevel your bars?

Another great batch of soap, buddy! What are you doing with all this soap, may I ask? You are turning out at least 4 batches per week. Great learning and you have came a long way. It takes making soap to progress like you have. I did the same the first 6 months or so I started making soap. I still have about 80 bars left of those "test" batches too! :lol:

The beveling looks great. Have you looked at my 2 different bevelers I make and sell on Etsy? The one I sell is only $15.00 and makes perfect, consistent bevels every time. You can bevel a bar, 12 cuts, in about 30 seconds!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9485522

Paul

Thanks Lane and Paul.
Lane I bevel them by hand...
Paul I just box it up and give it away or store it. I probably have about 100lbs of soap...and about 40 lbs of trimmings. I must get one of your
bevelers, Mine has arthititis...

Ok I just ordered one of your beverlers from your site!!!!!!!!!!! yepiiiiii
thanks a bunch Paul.

Neil said:
Thanks Lane and Paul.
Lane I bevel them by hand...
Paul I just box it up and give it away or store it. I probably have about 100lbs of soap...and about 40 lbs of trimmings. I must get one of your
bevelers, Mine has arthititis...

Ok I just ordered one of your beverlers from your site!!!!!!!!!!! yepiiiiii
thanks a bunch Paul.

Thanks Neil! I think you will really enjoy beveling with that particular beveler. You are sure turning out nice looking soaps!

Paul

Neil, that pic is fantastic. The colors, the composition, lighting, everything. Just gorgeous. Are you selling photos? You should be.

oh yeah, nice soap, too....

saying Chalk creek sounds so impersonal.. How about Friend.
Na I havent really consider Photography as a source of income because
it would riun it as a hobby. I thank you FRIEND for your kindness.
BTW hows all the animals holding up this winter. Hope it hasnt been to cold there.

HI, Neil. You can call me friend, that means a lot. I'm Deb, so you can call me that, too.

The critters are doing fine this winter. I close the little goats' stalls at night and they stay pretty cozy. It's been so nice and warm the last couple of days, finally coming out of the deep freeze, I hope.

I know what you mean about ruining a good hobby. I do a lot of wildlife art and wanted to take it to 3-D. The ultimate way to do that was taxidermy. So, went to the Colorado Institute of Taxidermy. Loved it, and especially the base work. Creating a base that a mount blends into is challenging and fun. Making water, snow and ice out of different materials was my favorite. Long story short, going into business ruined all the fun. So now I just do a few projects of my own and am enjoying it again.

Keep on sharing your pics, they are wonderful!

Wonderful!

Neil,

I will say this AGAIN: You're an AWESOME swirler! I don't even really "like" swirls (I'm a "layers and embeds" girl), and I'm sold on your artistry! I don't know what it is — maybe you don't "overswirl"? It's just enough to make an interesting, strong pattern. Maybe it's your color combinations. I don't know, but it's just...different.

Yes, your photography is GORGEOUS! I can't take really good pics of my soap.

Lane said:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9489430

Thats the one I want Paul!!! *taxes*

I swear I have almost cut off my knuckle using a potato peeler... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Since I introduced that TOG Beveler/Planer, I have sold at least 25 of them. They do work great!

Paul :wink:

Latest posts

Back