Batch #23 2nd coconut Mango

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Batch #23 2nd coconut Mango:
This batch differs in several ways from #22. Firstly I discounted the coconut oil to account for the coconut Milk. I discounted the Olive oil to account for the colored olive oil added also at trace.

Ingredients: Coconut oil, Mango butter, Cocoa Butter, Olive oil, Canola oil,
Shea butter, Grapeseed oil and Palm Kernel oil. [total oils 20 oz.]
At trace 2 oz. Coconut milk, .5 oz aloe, .5 oz. Vitamin E, .5 oz. Glycerin, .5 oz. coconut FO, 1 tsp sugar and 1/4 tsp Titanium Dioxide.
discounted water by 4 oz. to account for trace additions. separated 1/4 oils at trace for color addition.

Hardness 40 Cleansing 14 Condition 57 Bubbly 23 Creamy 36
Iodine 63 INS 141

3 hours after mold:

log%20C-M.JPG

Cut bars, The Titanium gives the color a sortof pearl essence:
cut%20bars%20C-M.JPG

One of the locals:
Cardnal.JPG

Wow, Neil. Very nice soap.

Great pic of the cardinal. We don't have them here, wish we did. You are lucky to see them! I like the composition of the pic. The green in the tree against the red feathers and the gray background. Very good, indeed.

Very nice! How is your coconut FO holding up? I haven't found one yet that smells very good in CP. Those I have tried have smell like playdoh. I love coconut fragrance and it's killing me! ARGH! Hope yours turns out!

Marr said:
Very nice! How is your coconut FO holding up? I haven't found one yet that smells very good in CP. Those I have tried have smell like playdoh. I love coconut fragrance and it's killing me! ARGH! Hope yours turns out!
Same here!! All my Coconut FO's turn into an almost sour playdoh scent... How are yours?

Lane and Marr:
This one I'm using now seems to work very well. Its from Organic Creations and it held up well to the Sap process. I've used it twice and both times the soap has retained a very nice Coconut smell.

Back