Bastille soap pics!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicalMysterySoap

Reaction score
So I decided to make some soaps for a special friend who tends to have dry flakey skin. I figured a high olive oil soap might help. I made a two pound batch and split it into two. One was left unscented and the other essential oils with activated charcoal. They were superfatted at 7% with virgin coconut oil and evoo. Also half of the liquid I used coconut milk and added honey.

With the activated charcoal, I did an in the pot swirl and scented with equal amounts Cedar, fir needle, litsea, orange, and patchouli.

Like always, I hot processed.

I know Castile needs a long cure, up to a year. How about bastile? I used 5.6% castor oil, 22.2% coconut oil, and 72.2% olive oil (not including the sf). I plan on giving them as a birthday gift which is the end of November, do you ladies/gents think they will be ready by then? By the way, I tried the left over pieces and they lathered like mad and I used cold water! I'm really happy with the way they turned out :)

IMG_20140824_122723.jpg

IMG_20140824_123040.jpg

Great looking soap! I like a pretty long cure on my high olive bars, but everyone is different. If you already like the way they feel, you'll be even more happy come November. Your friend will love it too!

Thank you so much! I hope he really loves it too :)

From what I gathered, Bastille soaps tend to be treated similarly to Castile soaps in terms of how long they are cured. Depending on the amount of OO used, it can take 3-6 months for the soap to cure. Longer cures may make the soap nicer to use.

I love your soaps by the way.

Aww, thank you, I am happy with the way they turned out. Well I have 3 months so hopefully they will be really nice by then :)

Latest posts

Back