Basil EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugeauxgirl

Reaction score
Have just been reading about basil EO in soap and want to try it. I'm usually a fo sort of soap girl, but I happen to have some. Do you use it straight or in a blend. Someone said not too much- less than the max amount? Does it fade? Thanks all!

I've used it blended with orange and litsea. You can only use it at a very low percentage, so you definitely want to blend it with something else. Agree with the EOcalc suggestions.

The herbaceous aroma of basil EO in soap suits many people, especially in places where basil is considered ‘holy’. Saw a simple recipe with dried basil leaves, basil essential oil, olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil. Fingers crossed.

Saw a simple recipe with dried basil leaves, basil essential oil, olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil. Fingers crossed.
Cross Fingers.jpg

I have my basil EO now but am a bit scared to use because I reckon it smells a bit like weed. I've put a hint of it in a few herbal blends but I think I would like it a bit less 'herbal' and more 'energetic/fruity' if anyone can help out with a good blend suggestion?

Latest posts

Back