Basic Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachy Clean Soap

Reaction score
I never thought I'd like a soap so much that is free of scent & color! as life go's it teaches us to never say "never" cause that can change. I tried my soap I created couple months back I named "naked" being a basic soap w/ no additives, just skin lovin oat milk & colloidal oatmeal, with basic fats & oils' & I absolutely love it. basic & simplicity is what makes it wonderful.

Attachments

• A11A99F7-785A-421C-8DBD-09FC6E30464C.jpeg
    A11A99F7-785A-421C-8DBD-09FC6E30464C.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 40
I never thought I'd like a soap so much that is free of scent & color! as life go's it teaches us to never say "never" cause that can change. I tried my soap I created couple months back I named "naked" being a basic soap w/ no additives, just skin lovin oat milk & colloidal oatmeal, with basic fats & oils' & I absolutely love it. basic & simplicity is what makes it wonderful.
Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with beer and sugar, but still have the original question that hasn't been answered, which is whether colloidal oatmeal has any effect on lather.
I would say yes’ simple because Colloidal oatmeal is a form of starch which turns to sugar. If you want to get an extra boost of bubbles adding sugar or a form of starch which turns to sugar, will increase Bubbles. Hope this helps.

I'm getting ready to make some soap with oatmeal. About how much colloidal oatmeal or oat flour would you suggest per pound of oils

I always do 1 tablespoon per pound of oils.
Me too. I use Bob's Old Red Mill Oat Flour. I prefer the smooth creaminess of flour to the abrasive action of regular oats and the expense of colloidal oats in soap. ;)

Last edited:
Me too. I use Bob's Old Red Mill Oat Flour. I prefer the smooth creaminess to the abrasive action of regular oats and the expense of colloidal oats in soap. ;)

Huh I hadn't thought of that. I've ground my own in the past, but lately I've just used WSP's colloidal oatmeal. I wonder which would be cheaper??

I call my uncolored/unscented soap "Bare Naked". My only 'additives' are Sodium Lactate and Kaolin Clay which is standard for all my soaps. It's a very light cream colored which comes natural from Olive, Palm, Coconut and Castor Oils, and Cocoa and Shea Butters. And it just has a natural 'clean/fresh' scent.

Back