Basic Beginner Liquid Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
There are about as many different ways to make LS as there are LS-ers! LOL We all seem to tweak our formulas to our personal preference. This is a good site for learning to make liquid soap online. Faith not only teaches the basics, but she answers many of the questions Newbies have about making liquid soap:

http://alaiynab.blogspot.com/2014/07/basic-beginner-liquid-soap-and.html

HAPPY LS-ING!
Wave.gif

Bump.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
There are about as many different ways to make LS as there are LS-ers! LOL We all seem to tweak our formulas to our personal preference. This is a good site for learning to make liquid soap online. Faith not only teaches the basics, but she answers many of the questions Newbies have about making liquid soap:

http://alaiynab.blogspot.com/2014/07/basic-beginner-liquid-soap-and.html

HAPPY LS-ING! View attachment 32553

View attachment 32559
This is the exact recipe I used - her instructions are so clear and concise. Now I just have to figure out why my soap doesn’t suds (or sud - is sud a word?). ~ ; )

Now I just have to figure out why my soap doesn’t suds (or sud - is sud a word?). ~ ; )
🤣 If "sud" isn't a word, it should be! "My soap doesn't sud" works for me. LOL

I can't help you without more information. My advice is to go over everything to make sure you didn't miss something... like using NaOH instead of KOH.

🤣 If "sud" isn't a word, it should be! "My soap doesn't sud" works for me. LOL

I can't help you without more information. My advice is to go over everything to make sure you didn't miss something... like using NaOH instead of KOH.
I used KOH but I believe now, after receiving input, my soap was too thick to sud. ~ ; )

Olive oil soap just does not make many suds, so for this problem you can add a little bit of cocamidopropyl betaine. It is a sudsing agent to help with this problem.

Latest posts

Back