Base formula

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum is absolutely for asking questions and it's one of the most friendly, helpful forums for soapmaking that I've belonged to over the years. This is a great place to learn and you will find a lot of very generous advice from our members. Welcome!
But your posts don't seem like general questions so much as basically asking for a good soap recipe so that you can start building a business without wasting your time and money trying out your own recipes. Or am I misunderstanding your intent?
Because if I'm NOT misunderstanding, then how on earth do you think we came up with successful soap recipes? I'll tell you - by wasting a lot of time and money to make our best soap. We try a basic recipe and then tweak it little by little until we find the 'sweet spot' which is our ideal soap. When I say 'tweak', I mean we research different oils and percentages (as well as additives) and what they bring to our soap and then we try, and try again to get what we want. We make a LOT of soap before we find that perfect balance that makes our ideal soap.This is true for most of us, not just those of us who have a business.
And please keep in mind that as others have said, our perfect soap may not be to your liking.
You've mentioned several times that you've done your research, but you mention companies that you buy soap from and their recipes. Attempting to copy someone else's recipe isn't research. Reading books on soapmaking is great, but the real research is in learning about the different oils and additives/learning what they will add to your soap/and trying it for yourself to see what YOU like in a bar of soap.
Yet you thought someone was rude by asking you to introduce yourself to the forum and pointing our that it wasn't a realistic expectation that we would just hand over our recipes to help you start a business?
Again, maybe I'm misunderstanding your intentions. But it seems like you want to take advantage of all of the time and money we've spent learning how to make good soap so that you don't have to do the work? Do I have that right?

Lastly, besides this forum, the Ultimate Guide to Soapmaking is a thorough reference that is reasonably priced. It's an ebook.

Hope

ooh.... dont believe I’ve come across that particularly publication, would you have an authors name or perhaps a web link to it please?

maybe I'm misunderstanding your intentions. But it seems like you want to take advantage of all of the time and money we've spent learning how to make good soap so that you don't have to do the work? Do I have that right?
No sadly I don't think you do but hey ho not to worry, I don't think she'll be back to this 'friendly' forum in a hurry.

may I recommend that you slow down and check over what you have written before you post.
Good advice, please take it

check your attitude at the door.
good advice, please take it
Now you can get you panties in a twist, or you can simply say “fair enough” and we move forward.
Hmm....

Actually to be clear my comments above were aimed at the posters themselves and not at the young woman who left. Can't stand bullying in any form and thats exactly whats gone on here ....again. As for your comments Susie, Grow Up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back