Baobab oil, Kombo butter and Bacuri butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coda

Reaction score
I have always really appreciated the hydration but strengthening, no greasy/tacky/slippery after effect soaping oils that can wash body as well as leave hair strong clean and conditioned. For me that has usually been mostly pure coconut oil with small amounts of essential oils for scent and various properties.
Lately I have become interested in Baobab oil, Kombo butter, Bacuri butter and Kapangnan butter. Does anyone have a recipe or could explain how these would behave or should be combined for my hopeful results? I really don't like feeling oily greasy so probably no cocoa like substances. I really like the skin strengthening effect of Baobab and pure Coconut oil.

Any suggestion or random conversation about these oil properties in soap bar making are welcome. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Lately I have become interested in Baobab oil, Kombo butter, Bacuri butter and Kapangnan butter.

Any suggestion or random conversation about these oil properties in soap bar making are welcome.
I don't know about other soap calculators, but I know in Soap Calc you can click on a oil/butter and to the left, under Soap Qualities and Fatty, under the One column, it will bring up the numbers for it.

Back