Bakery scents.... love 'em or hate 'em?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I've ordered a bunch of FO's from saveonscents.com and many of them are "bakery scents" like sugar cookie, chocolate truffle, blueberry cheesecake, etc.

Personally, I like these scents, but since I'm about ready to make 5 lb batches of them, I'm wondering if others typically like these scents too? I'm planning on giving a lot away since I'm just getting started, and I want to make sure that people like what I give them!

I know it's all personal choice, but to those of you that sell, do you find that the bakery scents sell well, or do most people NOT like them? One of my relatives said she wouldn't feel "clean" washing with a soap like "blueberry cheesecake".

???

I like bakery scents myself,and i know for a fact that when my teenage son and his buddies come and check out my new soaps,its always the food scents that attracts them lol .This is your hobby ,so enjoy it ,please yourself! If you start doing it as a business then you'll have to worry about pleasing clients. Just my two cents .

J

2/3 of my sales are bakery scents, cheesecake, lemon meringue, pumpkin cake..... YUM!

Awesome to know... thanks everyone! I just made a 5lb batch of sugar cookie soap this morning and it smells awesome - at least to me! I'm planning on giving a lot of what I'm going to make as Christmas gifts, so I hope everyone likes it!

I've always thought that my eyes and my nose were connected to my stomach in a big way!! If it looks or smells like food.....I love it!

I guess I'm in the minority here :oops:

I like them, but only in certain applications.
For instance, I absolutely love bakery scents in scrubs, but don't like them as much in CP. I think mostly because I feel that they lost a lot of the yummy notes in CP, also I'm not so fond of brown bubbles :p

GrumpyOldWoman said:

For instance, I absolutely love bakery scents in scrubs, but don't like them as much in CP. I think mostly because I feel that they lost a lot of the yummy notes in CP, also I'm not so fond of brown bubbles :p

Me too. :oops: I'm not fond of brown soap bubbles either. :evil:

With 3 exceptions (Tupelo Honey, Butermilk & Honey, and Matin Calin) I love them more in scrubs, butters and lotions.

For CP, I like the fresh ozone types, the fruity scents, and the herbal scents much better. :)

IrishLass

IrishLass said:
GrumpyOldWoman said:

Me too. :oops: I'm not fond of brown soap bubbles either. :evil:

With 3 exceptions (Tupelo Honey, Butermilk & Honey, and Matin Calin) I love them more in scrubs, butters and lotions.

For CP, I like the fresh ozone types, the fruity scents, and the herbal scents much better. :)

IrishLass

Add me to that list. I love them in candles....not so much in other stuff.

MikeInPdx wrote:
IrishLass wrote:
GrumpyOldWoman wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority here Embarassed

Me too. Embarassed I'm not fond of brown soap bubbles either. Evil or Very Mad

For CP, I like the fresh ozone types, the fruity scents, and the herbal scents much better. Smile
Add me to that list. I love them in candles....not so much in other stuff.

I'm with these guys. I personally like the fresh fruity scents.

I've noticed with my customers (mostly MP slices) it a "they are sooo neat" or "they smell sooo good" but they PURCHASE the flowery, ozoney, and fruity varieties (with the exception of OMH because of the oatmeal in the soap). But I'm with them, really, I LOVE the way they smell....but I don't really want to wash with bakery scents. Best used in candles I suppose.

I like the bakery scents, but not the icky-icky sweet ones. I've found that anything with Marshmallow in it is too sweet for me.

Back