Bad customer service

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nature’s Garden is one of my favorite companies to buy from. I have had their customer service go above and beyond when I have forgotten to add all the ingredients I needed on an order I needed ASAP.

Unless I know I like the FO (or have read tons of reviews both on their website and off) I always buy 1 oz samples first. I like that I can buy 10 samples and get $0.50 off each.

To make it worth my while I have made some small molds out of lumber (that I line with freezer paper) so I can do a 1 pound batch with the 1 oz FO sample. I also make mini cupcakes with them as well.

Nature’s Garden is one of my favorite companies to buy from. I have had their customer service go above and beyond when I have forgotten to add all the ingredients I needed on an order I needed ASAP.

I really like NG too, when their FOs are good, they are really good, and so inexpensive usually. I agree about the CS - except that they ship so fast that when I have realized I have forgotten something the next day the order is already on its way! Not a bad problem to have with a supplier :)

I really like NG too, when their FOs are good, they are really good, and so inexpensive usually. I agree about the CS - except that they ship so fast that when I have realized I have forgotten something the next day the order is already on its way! Not a bad problem to have with a supplier :)

I agree with you on all points. The shipping is crazy fast usually. I could order today by 11:00 and have it tomorrow . They have the quickest shipping I've come across.

I have been thinking of this thread since I first read it this morning. I would not judge a company or their customer service on one FO alone. I have been quite happy with most FOs from NG, as well as oils and supplies I have ordered from them. I tend to read reviews on FOs as well, but also keep in mind that all noses are different. That Cognac and Cubans scent that reminds someone of a "drunk man trying to cover up with booze and cologne" happens to be one of my favorite FOs in wax melts and CP soap. (Totally giggled at that description, btw.) Sometimes fragrances smell completely different after soaping and curing than out of the bottle. I've been very happy with their service. As noted, the shipping speed is wonderful.

I also find it interesting the OP was so disgruntled with their experience that they went so far as to create an account just to post this remark. I guess to each their own.

TViv, I had not seen your video on that before, that is some beautiful soap! I thought it was good that she clearly gave you credit for making the original soap, linked to your site, etc., told people to 'like' it, etc.

I do hate it when people spend as long as she did touting their sales products though, if I am going to buy them I will do that if I think they will help, not b/c I have to listen to a minute+ of talk about them (in fact, that will make me less likely to do so.) Also, there was an awful lot of religious stuff in there, I don't want to listen to/read about that when I am looking for soap info, either.

Aagh, brief moment of panic, had forgotten to bookmark/ evernote Viv's video as a definite must try, those soaps are really beautiful. Done it now, phew. Now to go to Home Depot and hope I can cozen someone into cutting me different lengths/sizes of PVC tubing without paying an arm and a leg :)

not_ally and reinbeau thanks ladies! It means a lot. Making videos is super intimidating. You worry about making mistakes and wonder if it's total crap and so it's nice to hear that it isn't :)

NA, I agree.. Her videos are definitely different. I still don't understand why she calls it hot process, it looks like CP that is slightly heated up in a crock pot and poured within minutes. I obviously haven't bought her book so I don't know for sure what her method is. I did see in the comments that she told someone the soap could be used right away with no cure time. Eesh...

Talk about veering off topic lol.

not_ally and reinbeau thanks ladies! It means a lot. Making videos is super intimidating. You worry about making mistakes and wonder if it's total crap and so it's nice to hear that it isn't :)

NA, I agree.. Her videos are definitely different. I still don't understand why she calls it hot process, it looks like CP that is slightly heated up in a crock pot and poured within minutes. I obviously haven't bought her book so I don't know for sure what her method is. I did see in the comments that she told someone the soap could be used right away with no cure time. Eesh...

Talk about veering off topic lol.

Yeah, my bad. But here is the thread where we talked about it...

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=54671

She heats everything up to really high temps before she starts. It is kind of crazy....

No, your videos are really, really good. I mean it. I am painfully honest so would not say so if I didn't. They are just the right length, you include enough information but not too much, they are really easy to watch/listen to/follow, and the soaps are beautiful in the end (and seem like the rest of us could take a decent stab at them.) I wish all tutes were like yours.

ETA: I don't feel too bad about derailing on this one, I think the OP just needed to have a super-vent, did that, and may never be back.

Last edited:
TVivian: More videos! You are very easy to listen to :). And you aren't touting your book/products/beliefs etc every 10 seconds...ahhhhh. Heaven!

Did you try a different wax?

TVivian: More videos! You are very easy to listen to :). And you aren't touting your book/products/beliefs etc every 10 seconds...ahhhhh. Heaven!

Did you try a different wax?

Why thank you very much :) my only platform is pretty soap haha.. I have a new video in the works, so stay tuned!

Oh, and no I haven't gotten around to trying a new wax, but I'm positive that cocoa butter is the trick! ☺️

Back