Bacon Beer Chocolate & Coffee

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This soap has been in the planning for awhile. I’ve even had a few dreams about making it! At the last minute I decided to make it a double batch, to make it worth the effort, and because I had enough ingredients. Since each loaf was basically 3 small batches, that was a LOT of math!! The base ingredients are triple rendered bacon fat and the liquid is stout beer. The middle layer has cocoa powder added to it, and the top layer has coffee grounds added to that. At the last minute I panicked that all the layers might be so dark that you couldn’t tell them apart. So, I did a dusting of pink clay between the layers. Turns out the colors are different enough, and I based on past experiences I expect them to change during the cure also. The pink clay shows a nice thin pencil line. They’re scented with EO of fir, lavender, and lemongrass, and they smell amazing!!! I’m super happy about the way they turned out!

Attachments

• A6B6F780-4B7A-4F0A-8E46-BCDC2459F3A8.jpeg
    A6B6F780-4B7A-4F0A-8E46-BCDC2459F3A8.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 42BC644A-CF50-442D-B0AC-867D39399E49.jpeg
    42BC644A-CF50-442D-B0AC-867D39399E49.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 21
  • CA0F84EE-8946-4879-BDB3-0516561B6E7F.jpeg
    CA0F84EE-8946-4879-BDB3-0516561B6E7F.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 19
Wow, very brave to think and plan and dream and then make a sextuple batch! I'm very glad it turned out so nicely!
I think it's a bait and switch though....beer, bacon, chocolate and coffee....but it smells like fir, lavender and lemongrass?? Don't get me wrong, that sounds VERY fresh but but but....beer! bacon! chocolate! coffee!

This soap has been in the planning for awhile. I’ve even had a few dreams about making it! At the last minute I decided to make it a double batch, to make it worth the effort, and because I had enough ingredients. Since each loaf was basically 3 small batches, that was a LOT of math!! The base ingredients are triple rendered bacon fat and the liquid is stout beer. The middle layer has cocoa powder added to it, and the top layer has coffee grounds added to that. At the last minute I panicked that all the layers might be so dark that you couldn’t tell them apart. So, I did a dusting of pink clay between the layers. Turns out the colors are different enough, and I based on past experiences I expect them to change during the cure also. The pink clay shows a nice thin pencil line. They’re scented with EO of fir, lavender, and lemongrass, and they smell amazing!!! I’m super happy about the way they turned out!

They look great. I was just wondering the other day if I could use clay for a pencil line... guess I can!

Wow, very brave to think and plan and dream and then make a sextuple batch! I'm very glad it turned out so nicely!
I think it's a bait and switch though....beer, bacon, chocolate and coffee....but it smells like fir, lavender and lemongrass?? Don't get me wrong, that sounds VERY fresh but but but....beer! bacon! chocolate! coffee!
I wish I had some fun FO that would have matched the ingredients. 🤷🏻‍♀️

They look great. I was just wondering the other day if I could use clay for a pencil line... guess I can!
I’d never done a pencil line before. So, I wasn’t sure how much I could use. And, a dark clay against light soap would probably show up better than the pink against those browns. But all things considered, it worked pretty good.

I’d never done a pencil line before. So, I wasn’t sure how much I could use. And, a dark clay against light soap would probably show up better than the pink against those browns. But all things considered, it worked pretty good.
I think the pencil line turned out awesome! I like the subtlety.

Latest posts

Back