Backdrop!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The backdrops I ordered arrived today, so here’s a soap I made last weekend on what I think is the perfect backdrop. The yellow center is made with dandelion infused oil. The blue around the edges is indigo. The stamping was done with fondant cutters. The yellow section is scented with an EO blend from EOCalc - Awakening (bergamot, geranium, petitgrain, palmarosa and ylang ylang). It accelerates, so I used only bergamot and geranium in the outer swirled soap.

4D825190-39F5-4B37-A8D9-632DABDAF862.jpeg

Every single thing about your post is perfect! I have never seen this technique! Did you use a small loaf mold for the yellow center followed by an ITP swirl? Super cool!
Thank you Zing. 💙 I’ve been seeing some ”framed” soap designs lately, but wasn’t in the mood for anything too fussy. I also wanted the sculpted top, which I decorated with tiny cubes of yellow soap (it’s hard to see them in the photo). I made the yellow loaf in a narrower mold and kept it short so it would fit inside the wider mold. I also really wanted to use that EO blend, but was super worried about trying anything other than a straight pour with it, especially because I was using my precious dandelion oil. And, yes, ITP for the outer layer!

The backdrops I ordered arrived today, so here’s a soap I made last weekend on what I think is the perfect backdrop. The yellow center is made with dandelion infused oil. The blue around the edges is indigo. The stamping was done with fondant cutters. The yellow section is scented with an EO blend from EOCalc - Awakening (bergamot, geranium, petitgrain, palmarosa and ylang ylang). It accelerates, so I used only bergamot and geranium in the outer swirled soap.

View attachment 55463
Stunning Soap! I've never seen this technique Is it a two process? most impressive, Nice blue backdrop too.

Update I just read your reply to @Zing. What is ITP?

View attachment 55463

Really beautiful in every way. ♥️

@Peachy Clean Soap ITP = in the pot swirl. you add base to a pitcher, then add the colors for the swirl, as a drop pour in spots or lines, give it a quick swirl with a spatula (not much or you will muddle the colors) and then pour. It was super easy to pour the batter around the yellow section, which is really just a giant embed.

@Peachy Clean Soap ITP = in the pot swirl. you add base to a pitcher, then add the colors for the swirl, as a drop pour in spots or lines, give it a quick swirl with a spatula (not much or you will muddle the colors) and then pour. It was super easy to pour the batter around the yellow section, which is really just a giant embed.
Thx so much' Love your soap & design' stunning 💫🧼🤗

Ah-whoops...What I call an ITP doesn't match that description. Oh I just can't seem to get down the soapy language.
Here's what I call ITP - what is it really called, please?:
Base color, pour other colors down side of pitcher, forming many circles within a circle inside the pitcher. Then, take a skewer, or other swirling tool, and make some swirls in the pitcher, then pour into mold moving pitcher side-to-side or pour all from the corner of the mold. hmmmmm...

Ah-whoops...What I call an ITP doesn't match that description. Oh I just can't seem to get down the soapy language.
Here's what I call ITP - what is it really called, please?:
Base color, pour other colors down side of pitcher, forming many circles within a circle inside the pitcher. Then, take a skewer, or other swirling tool, and make some swirls in the pitcher, then pour into mold moving pitcher side-to-side or pour all from the corner of the mold. hmmmmm...
Sounds like a variation on an ITP swirl that doesn't have a name as far as I know. Perhaps we need to call it the Kimmy Swirl and make it an SMF challenge!

Back