back to square one? phew...........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchad21ut

Reaction score
Thanks Heart!

I'm kind of embarrassed actually, :oops:i knew to get the regular olive oil, but i ended up picking up the pomace by mistake at the restaurant supply store, and didn't know it until I poured it in with my lye, thus not being able to take it back.. ahhhh! :shock: oh well, i guess sometimes you just have to work with what you got for now....

Also, i was doing a little research just now, and found lots of info on Palm Oil, and it contributing to deforestation(s), and call me a tree-hugger i guess, but I can't feel great about that. HA! :roll:

back to square one it is for me, i guess!
:oops: :lol:

square one...

check your message box. dont get discouraged, it happens to us all! before we had our forun family here, were were all doing this alone. we're here to help eachother become better soapers.

monet

tchad21ut said:
Thanks Heart!

I'm kind of embarrassed actually, :oops:i knew to get the regular olive oil, but i ended up picking up the pomace by mistake at the restaurant supply store, and didn't know it until I poured it in with my lye, thus not being able to take it back.. ahhhh! :shock:

But, I don't see your concern. You can still use it. I plugged #'s into soapcalc with pomace & regular olive oil & they're all the same. Some soapers only use pomace instead of other olive oils.

My preference is to use regular olive oil but pomace will work fine. It will speed up your saponification time, especially if used with palm oil. That can be a bonus. The only thing that I don't like about pomace is the fact that chemicals are often used to extract the oil. So really it's just a personal thing and there's nothing wrong with using it. :D

I am concerned about the palm oil and de-rainforestation :cry: as well, but from what I understand, as long as you purchase organic, the oil is taken from renewable resources, and not from the ravaged rainforests.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this in general, but somewhere I read (I believe on this forum) that organic palm from Soapers Choice is not derived from "de-rainforestation".

Back