back to school teacher 'care package'

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spunky

Reaction score
Does anyone do a back to school teacher 'care package'? Mind sharing your ideas or themes?

Our mascot is a pirate so I have been thinking about a sea theme around the FO Cactus & Sea Salt from Aztec. (I have not smelled it yet, but will be making my first order by this weekend.) I figure I can get a few fun but simple soaps out of it like a soleseife, one with a sailboat or sward embed (depending on what molds I can find) and a felted bar (so my boys can help with something). Also a lotion, emulsified sugar scrub, and maybe try my hand at a bubble bar. I also have supplies for bath teas and bath salts.

I love the idea of the felted soaps. My niece is a teacher and she said she loves the felted soaps. Also, although done to death, the theme of a felted soap in the shape of an apple would probably be a very nice soap to sit on the teacher's desk because it could last a very long time, whereas a real apple does not.

My granddaughter made & gave felted soaps to her teachers & counselors at school two or three months ago and they apparently loved them.

A nice hand lotion is a very good idea as if I recall correctly, chalk dust can be rather drying to the hands.

A nice hand lotion is a very good idea as if I recall correctly, chalk dust can be rather drying to the hands.

I have a feeling blackboards and chalk have gone the way of the rotary phone. Now it is all whiteboards and dry erase markers.

Bath bombs are always good gifts, and can be very relaxing after the first few days of dealing with other peoples little monsters.... er I mean darling children.

a felted apple is a cute idea! Anyone know of a great apple FO from Aztec? (I'll be off to explore my options next!) If I don't manage to get it done for back to school, it would be a cute fall gift too. And you mentioning counselors reminds me that we could even do something for the principle. It will be a great way to pass on some of the manly smelling soaps.

Our teachers don't even use the whiteboards that much anymore. They use smart boards for most of the teaching! My oldest in starting K and there are suppose to be 27 kids in his class! She does get an aid, but man. I feel for her. Thankfully my kid falls more under darling than monster, but my preK kid is a little more whiny monster than darling! Ive spent the last few days digging into bath bomb recipes more closely. Hopefully I can master a spinning colorful bomb, or it will just turn into some fairy dust!

Spunky, if you master the spinning bath bomb, please share. My granddaughter really wanted to make one that would spin when we made them last summer. No luck there, but we had a lot of fun doing it. If I could teach her how to turn them into spinners she'd be thrilled, I know.

Earlene, it is going to be a bit until I actually get to experimenting (working on choosing and collecting all the supplies) but here are some links that have helped me get a plan on what I want to do. Here is the youtube list I have collected. (it is of lots of different bath goodies, but the first ones are bath bombs.) If you find anything helpful to learning how as well, let me know too!

Earlene, it is going to be a bit until I actually get to experimenting (working on choosing and collecting all the supplies) but here are some links that have helped me get a plan on what I want to do. Here is the youtube list I have collected. (it is of lots of different bath goodies, but the first ones are bath bombs.) If you find anything helpful to learning how as well, let me know too!

Thank you! I will try the embeds one as she said that will make it spin. I'll let you know if it works. I want to try it before I go to Texas next month, that way if it works, granddaughter & I can make some together.

Latest posts

Back