Back to basics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I haven't been able to soap as often as I would like, I find I am running out of soap! So back to making my first ever soap, albeit with a much changed recipe -

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1443269807.478327.jpg

Lard (of course) olive, co and castor, with ground poppy seeds. Alpine Lavender (I mix pine and lavender together!) to scent it.

I had to chuckle after I saw your mold lining EG, but the soap is beautiful. Simplicity at its best. And the bread, what a beauty!!

That bread does look amazing. Can you get an fo that scent?

The liners used to come in precut sheets that did two moulds, now it's one great big sheet that I have to either cut, tear nicely or rip at like an animal. Usually it's the latter of the 3 that I end up doing
Hmm..."Shabbos Nirvana" A yeasty, warm fragrance...

I've always liked the looks of your poppy seed soap. I really should make a batch sometime. I use whole poppy seeds because they aren't scratchy but the ground ones look better. Do they ever scratch?

Lovely soap....is the soap all white? It almost looks translucent! I have been trying all the different swirl techniques.....forgot about just how nice the nice textured tops are!

Beautiful soap, love the poppy seeds! And the bread looks absolutely delicious!
I completely understand the not having time to do much of anything with a little one around, I have a crazy two year that keeps me on my toes at the moment.

That bread does look amazing. Can you get an fo that scent?

The liners used to come in precut sheets that did two moulds, now it's one great big sheet that I have to either cut, tear nicely or rip at like an animal. Usually it's the latter of the 3 that I end up doing

Rip at like an animal....that or cutting it like a drunkard....those are my favorite methods!

As I haven't been able to soap as often as I would like, I find I am running out of soap! So back to making my first ever soap, albeit with a much changed recipe -

View attachment 16839

Lard (of course) olive, co and castor, with ground poppy seeds. Alpine Lavender (I mix pine and lavender together!) to scent it.

Beautiful, and alpine lavender sounds yummy. Lavender blends will with so many things, doesn't it?

Ooooh....you have just inspired me to try some poppy seed with lemongrass EO...always have poppy seeds on hand for my Challah...

Oh, you're killing me with that beautiful picture of your challah. My oven is broken, and I've been craving babka like you wouldn't believe. The golden crust of your challah reminded me of it, and how nice a piece would taste with a cup of coffee. sigh

I've always liked the looks of your poppy seed soap. I really should make a batch sometime. I use whole poppy seeds because they aren't scratchy but the ground ones look better. Do they ever scratch?

They do, but not horribly so. A bit more than paprika powder does, but in a less itchy way and more exfoliating. I like it, but then I also run the shower cold for at least half of it, so I might not be the best judge of what is enjoyable at bath time!

Lovely soap....is the soap all white? It almost looks translucent! I have been trying all the different swirl techniques.....forgot about just how nice the nice textured tops are!

It dries out white to grey, but I think once I'll prevent gel on it to see if it keeps the whiteness. This batch is 50% lard, so I hope for a some measure of white going on in there. Will post cut pics, of course

Latest posts

Back