Back again..my soap is in tears

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seyrie5025

Reaction score
Hello im back again with my adventure regarding brine soap

I made brine soap using my old recipe combine with brine experiment..
40% pomace olive oil
30% coconut oil
15% rice brand oil
10% tamanu oil
5% castor

Water : lye = 1.8 : 1, sf = 5%

I use coconut water that was cooked using 20% salt and then put in freezer, and i use almost enough for mix with lye and then i use frozen aloe vera gel also for this soap. Problem with aloevera combined with tamanu are they used to coagulate into small part like lumps..this recipe used for making hot process and cold process but because of this i prefer made it hp..and since its brine its better to use cp...it start clumping and ive tried my best to use my hand blender till its very thick and i scooped it, and dyed using indigo powder, however the clump isnt dyed well though ive put indigo powder since beginning in oil before lye was poured. Seems the salt also consentrated in the undyed one..the problem start after the soap was cut..the undyed part start to leak out water drop...its like tears....i tried to wipe the drop everyday...

Its quite topics among us now that saltbar made in our humid temperature will make it water leaked..there is even issue after 2 months curing and the soap was packaged the water was still able to leak too..is that always happen or because of high humidity?

I include the soap...the green one is tje soap that i made..and post cut which has tears😉..will be very happy if you give me feedback..🤗...thank u so much for your attention

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_181432.jpg
    IMG_20200702_181432.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200702_150434.jpg
    IMG_20200702_150434.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 13
Salt absorbs water, so I am assuming that your salt bar is attracting moisture from the atmosphere.

Yes perhaps...saltbar in our country always leak water..there is a case that on 7 days during curing water leak so hard and the soapers need to trash the soap...she made using coconut water and salt bar

Latest posts

Back