Baby Wipes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy.

Reaction score
Does anyone here make their own baby wipes?

My niece is expecting her first baby and she's wanting to be 100% organic & chemical-free. She's planning on using cloth diapers and asked me what to do about wipes. My first thought was just water, which may be fine for a wet diaper, but I think something more is needed for...(where's the pile of poo emoticon?)

She is fine making some sort of solution from concentrate fresh every day, but I don't think soap is the right thing to use for this. I'd love suggestions.

BTW, it's a boy!

When I did the cloth diapers and wipes thing, I used flannel wipes and just water for the first weeks. I then found "soap bits" that were tiny cubes I dissolved in a cup of warm water, and added a splash of baby oil. I carried it in my diaper bag in a peri bottle (like they give you in the hospital to squirt your "bits"). Other mamas I knew added the solution to a wipes warmer, but warned about mold if it wasn't changed out often.

I didn't soap back in those days, or I would have tried to make something myself.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1453323334.853773.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1453323353.467100.jpg

I was looking at this not long ago as a possible solution for hand wipes for the car. Here is my favorite suggestion, but there is no reason you can't substitute flannel for the paper towels, and liquid soap for the baby wash. Just be sure it gets changed out fairly frequently.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfMtPKb3k4M[/ame]

Interesting. So maybe heavily superfatted, very diluted soap is an option.

Maybe I'll try it for sticky hand wipes in the car and see how it works for that. I'm almost out of my car bottle of hand sanitizer and wanted to find a replacement for that anyways. I think it will definitely need a preservative if it's not made daily though, so I'm not sure about the whole car idea: "No, officer. I'm not drinking and driving. I'm just using a homemade hand wipe preserved with vodka."

Latest posts

Back