Baby steps in making soap cupcakes.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keds45

Reaction score
I took my first stab at making soap cupcakes today with the goal of learning how to do it well enough to make soap cupcakes for christmas gifts. I used the Soaping 101 cupcake recipe and instructions and a piping set I got at Dollar Tree. They look a bit like sparkly poop emojis, but it went better than I though it would. Any suggestions? I will probably spring for a better piping tip. What do others use? Thanks-enjoy your Wednesday!

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 37
I think they look great for a first try. If you have a Michaels near you they sell large piping tips that work great for this. I use either disposable piping bags or a zip lock works too.

I think they look great for a first try. If you have a Michaels near you they sell large piping tips that work great for this. I use either disposable piping bags or a zip lock works too.
Thanks- i think I'll heads to Michaels with my coupon!

it's great. I also practice my piping yesterday but it's soft and sweaty. but look great, maybe I will post it up

I made some icing today with a tallow/lard recipe and it is sort of fluffy and lumpy looking - not like the smooth consistency I see on videos. The piping bag splitting down the seam didn't help :eek:.
Yesterday's attempt was so hard I had to cut off the piping tip and jam it into a mold instead of piping it. o_O
I'll keep trying for my Easter cupcakes for the great nieces. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back