Baby Soap Recipe - Cold Process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milashka

Reaction score
Good day,
I wanted to ask if anyone knows a good baby soap recipe. I was thinking to do something like this: olive oil and coconut oil - 24 saturated (coconut) and 76 unsaturated (olive). 28% Lye Concentration and 8 % Superfat. Do you think this recipe is ok? I would also add a little bit of Calendula EO. Thank you everyone!

No scent, colours or additives. Drop the coconut (babies have not yet been tricked in to believing that bubbles = clean) as a 100% OO soap is enough to clean them.

As I said elsewhere (in the other any soap thread!) - I use soap on my son the way I use Terpentin soap on me: sparingly and only when needed

I would also leave out the coconut oil. You could make a 100% avocado oil soap or Sweet Almond Oil or a combination of each. I find SAO seems to lather a little better than AV oil. I know of a company that makes this and it is okay. As EG mentioned babies do not need soa[ very often, we used a very mild natural m&p base for my grandbabies

No scent, colours or additives. Drop the coconut (babies have not yet been tricked in to believing that bubbles = clean) as a 100% OO soap is enough to clean them.

As I said elsewhere (in the other any soap thread!) - I use soap on my son the way I use Terpentin soap on me: sparingly and only when needed

But bubbles = fun.

I recently made baby soap with 10% coconut oil, 5% castor, 20% cocoa butter, 65% olive. I wonder if it's good for baby too, but the mommy wanted some bubbles~ she said she'll only use them when the baby is 6mths old though

I recently made baby soap with 10% coconut oil, 5% castor, 20% cocoa butter, 65% olive. I wonder if it's good for baby too, but the mommy wanted some bubbles~ she said she'll only use them when the baby is 6mths old though

It sounds like a lovely recipe. I made a baby soap with 91% Olive Oil Infused with Chamomile flowers and 9% Shea Butter. It smells divine - like chamomile and is nice for my 3 months old baby. By the way, people use Johnson and Johnson's products filled with a lab created junk but marketed as safe for babies, all the time, so I don't think a little bit of Coconut, etc. will harm the baby at all. At least, it is only my opinion.

My baby didn't have rush or any other skin conditions so far and I used a homemade soap from the week two.

It sounds like a lovely recipe. I made a baby soap with 91% Olive Oil Infused with Chamomile flowers and 9% Shea Butter. It smells divine - like chamomile and is nice for my 3 months old baby. By the way, people use Johnson and Johnson's products filled with a lab created junk but marketed as safe for babies, all the time, so I don't think a little bit of Coconut, etc. will harm the baby at all. At least, it is only my opinion.

My baby didn't have rush or any other skin conditions so far and I used a homemade soap from the week two.
@Milashka, how long did you cure the soap??

Back