Baby shower favor soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khanjari

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need a little help from you all. So my sister is pregnant and expecting in November. Her baby shower is going to be held in the first part of September and as a part of the baby shower favors she wants me to make soaps!!!!!! I am so excited! !!! I did look up many soaps and soap molds and I am so confused now. What are your favorite molds/design/baby soaps that you would use? I also am working on what fragrances to use? Any suggestions? Personally, I am thinking of doing like a baby powder fragrance (not even sure if any supplier sells it) but if not, I am open to suggestions. Also, if you could mention the name of the supplier, and the suggested fragrance, I would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions! !!!!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1406110785.429591.jpg these are some of my favourite baby soap moulds, you could use Rose essential oil

I think BB sells baby powder FO but I have never tried it out ! So you might want to take a look at it !

Personally, I like the rubber duck. But that's just me :) I also like ones where I've seen the tag 'from my shower to yours'. Is there a "theme" for the shower? (Pink/blue/jungle/pirate... ) That might help yu select a mold! Brambleberry do sell Baby Powder FO but I have never smelt it. Have fun - I'm going to do my first melt & pour tomorrow! :)

Thanks a lot Sheila, summerflyy and Jade!
I love all of the ones you posted pictures of Sheila. ..... I saw these in your prior posts and I Love them!!!!!!! I think I will show the pictures of these to my sister and let her decide :) and yes, you helped bunch! !!!

Jade, good luck with your first MP SOAPS! it is an achievement in itself! Don't forget to post pictures. ..... we will love to see them!
My sister so far doesn't have a theme yet but will definitely ask. I never thought of that. .... great way to put the ball in her court;)

summerflyy, now that you mentioned BB, I remember going through the mold section online and I had loved the little onzies too! Too many options; )

3 hours ago I was lost as to where to begin and now I am lost... WHERE TO STOP! lol

I made some with the rubber duck on a cupcake but I made the top look like water. Check out Oriental Trading as they have a bunch of different types of ducks even baby boy and baby girl. I make them with their halloween monster ducks from halloween and others for different holidays. Individual molds take a lot of time depening on how many you need.

Hey Shunt and Eucalypta, thank you so much for your suggestions! I love these soaps! Especially the ones with the little pearl on it!

Eucalypta, if I may ask, what FO or EO did you use on these soaps?
Sheila, the picture of the little cake topped with the duck looks like the duck is also soap right? Meaning, it is not a rubber duck rith?

Burt's baby bee fragrance is another option for fragrance. Just made a soap with the one from WSP and I love it. I also have a sample of the one from NGC and that smells great OOB too

Congratulations to you and your sister, Khanjari! A new baby in the family, what exciting news! :p I'm also invited to 2 baby showers in the next few weeks so made these as gifts to expectant mommies. I found the silicone molds at Walmart in the cake decorating section for $1.88 each. I used BB's Lavender Chamomile Huggies FO at the lowest concentration. It soaped like a dream (I made CP so no A or D) and it smells softly like baby powder. I'm a bit disappointed the color didn't show up well in the molds but the bars are adorable. The molds may also be larger than you want as they hold about 4 oz ea but they're cute. I highly recommend the FO though. Have fun at the baby shower & huge congrats again! :grin:

Baby Bastile.jpg

Hey Shunt and Eucalypta, thank you so much for your suggestions! I love these soaps! Especially the ones with the little pearl on it!

Eucalypta, if I may ask, what FO or EO did you use on these soaps?
Sheila, the picture of the little cake topped with the duck looks like the duck is also soap right? Meaning, it is not a rubber duck rith?

YW :)

I used three FO's to give a bit of a choice : Black raspberry Vanilla and Lovespell (Victoria Secret type) for the grown-ups and Satsuma for the kids; kids love satsuma.

(the baby scents available here are very powdery; not fond of those)

Congratulations on the new arrival! There are so many adorable soaps on this thread! Check with your supplier to make sure that the FO or EO used doesn't discolor.

first of all, congrats :)

now, for the baby favor soaps, i like this round mold with baby feet on them. you can then put a white stick from beneath and tie a ribbon on the stick (soap pops, see picture 2). to take it further, you can stick the soaps in a styrofoam or something, decorate it with ribbons and all, and place them as a centre piece on each table. perhaps 10 on each table, depending on the number of guests. the guests can then take one each before they go home. i'm sorry i don't have a pic to show you, i have it all drawn in my head :D

baby feet.jpg

soap pops.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, all the ideas are sweet! I have to say, as a simple, no fuss kinda gal, that I like KristaY's swirled pastel bars the best. Simple and classy. Seven's soap lollipops are a neat idea too -- even a simple star shape in assorted pastel colors would be eye catching.

Thanks to all of you for sharing such great ideas with me!

Seven, the one picture you posted with the baby foot print. .... I had seen that on amazon. Com when I was looking for soap molds but have you ever tried making soap in it? The reason I ask is from the design, it looks like the cavity would be too difficult to fill in! Don't you think?

Back