Baby goats to Brighten Your Day

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night's three new additions to the herd. 🥰
1677686558015.png
1677686612591.png
1677686629959.png
1677686645833.png

Look at all those spots!
1677686660720.png

Our goats read the "goat bible" and presented us with 5 little boys the night of the 28th of February. That was when we had the most snow on the ground and coming from the sky. The news is not rosy as we lost a mama to milk fever, and have lost 2 of the babies.
No pictures as we're in a horrible mess right now.

Still have 20 goats to give birth over the next month. Guess our season has begun.

Our goats read the "goat bible" and presented us with 5 little boys the night of the 28th of February. That was when we had the most snow on the ground and coming from the sky. The news is not rosy as we lost a mama to milk fever, and have lost 2 of the babies.
No pictures as we're in a horrible mess right now.

Still have 20 goats to give birth over the next month. Guess our season has begun.
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a rough start. What breed was this doe that she gifted you with five? That is incredible.

@MellonFriend I should have been more explicit. We had two goats give birth to 5 babies. Lost the one who had twin boys who are now in the care of our milker. The other doe had triplet boys. One died shortly after birth, one died last night and one is staying warm in our bathroom. We will continue handmilking her for milk from the survivor and orphans.

@MellonFriend I should have been more explicit. We had two goats give birth to 5 babies. Lost the one who had twin boys who are now in the care of our milker. The other doe had triplet boys. One died shortly after birth, one died last night and one is staying warm in our bathroom. We will continue handmilking her for milk from the survivor and orphans.
Oh I understand. Well I hope you have much better luck for the rest of your season! 🤗

My last doe for the year kidded last night. She snuck it in on me and did it completely unassisted without me being there! Babies were dry and all traces of the birth were cleaned up by the time I got there. I've named them Duncan and Tessa. Tessa's the one with the dark facial markings.
IMG_5510.JPG
IMG_5467.JPG
IMG_5495.JPG
IMG_5501.JPG

One of the doeling's wattles is up near her ear like an earring! 🥰
IMG_5520.JPG

Last edited:
I don’t know what I like more, those ears or the waddles! Maybe just the whole goat…. Or maybe the friend in the back who seems to be unimpressed with the whole business 🥰🌸🥰
Yes, the goat in the background, Ann-Margaret, is often jealous of the new babies getting more attention than her, so she is definitely unimpressed. ☺️

Back