B B Problems

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m having problems with warting about 3 hours after I’ve finished unfolding them. I’m wondering if it’s the humidity in the air? I live in Houston. If so, what could I do to prevent that since it’s advisable to wait to package them? My recipe:

4 cups baking soda
2 cups citric acid
1 oz colloidal oatmeal
.7 ounces fragrance
.6 ounces polysorbate 80
4 ounces cocoa butter
Witch hazel as needed

If it’s humid out it’s likely part of the problem as well as being too wet. Your recipe looks okay otherwise. I use 91% alcohol to wet mime if too dry.

When I have fails I crush them and put them in a jar and let my grandkids use it in the tub. I don’t have the patience to try to fix them. Could crush them and add to another batch maybe.

Oops, missed that they were still sticky. Put them in a warmed oven then turn off. May fry them enough to break up.

I’m having problems with warting about 3 hours after I’ve finished unfolding them. I’m wondering if it’s the humidity in the air? I live in Houston. If so, what could I do to prevent that since it’s advisable to wait to package them? My recipe:

4 cups baking soda
2 cups citric acid
1 oz colloidal oatmeal
.7 ounces fragrance
.6 ounces polysorbate 80
4 ounces cocoa butter
Witch hazel as needed

Hi, I think your cocoa butter is too high. For a six cup mix I would only use around 3 tablespoons max.

Back