Aztec International

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayWolf

Reaction score
Live here in the East Tennessee Area. Aztec International: < www.buywax.com > is the closest place to where I live. They seem to have quite a few different types of multi-pupose wax for different projects. Does any one know of the quality of the wax products they sell. Not being picky.......I was told one time to be somewhat causious about where I bought my wax. Would be great on shipping and handling bill. They don't seem to have a large supply of wicking on hand. Have several other sites I need to check out in regard that matter.

GrayWolf said:
Live here in the East Tennessee Area. Aztec International: < www.buywax.com > is the closest place to where I live. They seem to have quite a few different types of multi-pupose wax for different projects. Does any one know of the quality of the wax products they sell. Not being picky.......I was told one time to be somewhat causious about where I bought my wax. Would be great on shipping and handling bill. They don't seem to have a large supply of wicking on hand. Have several other sites I need to check out in regard that matter.

http://www.suppliersbystate.com

I personally haven't used them for wax.I did think they were a bit pricey on the wax.Maybe if they are close enough to you,they might have a warehouse that you can pick your order up,and save you the shipping charges.
I think most cautions on wax comes from the shipping charges,and not necessarily the wax it's self.
Nice selection of jars and scents.. Wish I lived closer.

Munky.

Well steer clear of wax from craft supply stores because you always have to add to them and they aren't that good for some reason as opposed to purchasing wax from online.

Yes they have a wharehouse but don't know how large it is.When I get the chance to visit I'll find out.
I am curious about something that I read in regard to their Multipurpose waxes. " Needle Penetration@77 degrees of 13 and 100 degrees of 81. Also Needle Penetration@ 77 degrees of 12. What are they talking about. I have read a few books on Candlemaking and have never read anything about this !

GrayWolf said:
Yes they have a wharehouse but don't know how large it is.When I get the chance to visit I'll find out.
I am curious about something that I read in regard to their Multipurpose waxes. " Needle Penetration@77 degrees of 13 and 100 degrees of 81. Also Needle Penetration@ 77 degrees of 12. What are they talking about. I have read a few books on Candlemaking and have never read anything about this !

The only thing I can think of after reading each one is,The first one up seems to me is a container blend,with additives added to it,and you have the option of adding your own to it as well.They aren't clear at all about the needle penetration.I looked all over that site,nothing explains it. It looks to be in slabbed form, They don't say,meaning you measure and cut it up.. Lot's of work.

The other 2 they have are fully refined,all you do is add additives,Vybar and such to it.Measure it out by the pound.Very easy to work with,saves time. Maybe they just want to get all technical on us,I just don't see the point of the needle penetration lingo.Huh?

You could always email and ask them about it. I don't get that myself.Sorry I wasn't much help to ya..If you should find out please post about it.

Munky.

pepperi27 answered the question. Thanks !

Needle Penetration :This is commonly used to measure the hardness of the wax. While this is important when using waxes on high-speed equipment and hand carved applications it is difficult to access a wax on this merit only.

pepperi27 said:

Ok I must be blind as a bat today,I know I was yesterday.

I had that same link,it's associated with Candlewic...But I still didn't see anything about what the needle pentration was about?.I'm thinking it doesn't matter for the over all effect of the product. But that's just me :wink:

Did I not see it again?

Thanks.

Munky.

GrayWolf said:
pepperi27 answered the question. Thanks !

Needle Penetration :This is commonly used to measure the hardness of the wax. While this is important when using waxes on high-speed equipment and hand carved applications it is difficult to access a wax on this merit only.

LOL!!!!! I'm soooo slow today.. I got it now.

Thankies.

Munky.

I've had decent luck finding a semi-local supplier who only charges me $4 for Handling on my orders compared to shipping and handling and I drive about 35mins to pick it up.

My other favorite thing to do is bulk buy with a few other local crafters and get together for lunch and split it up and discuss business.

Back