Awesome Mother's Day Gift!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busymammaof3

Reaction score
A friend of mine and my husband (Hino) was helping his step-father (Eli) clean out his storage unit. Eli apparently use to make candles as a hobby, but hasn't in a while and decided he didn't have time to anymore. Hino thought of me. They stopped for a moment. Grabbed it all and drove over here. This is what they brought!

20 or so 16 oz. bottles of FO concentrate from Lonestar Candle Supply,
5 or so small FO cans (not sure where from),
4 large bags of wicks and their tabs,
5 different types of metal-pillar molds and the sealer for them,
6 or so glass-flower pot votives (happens to be my favorite types for small candles),
2 very large stainless steel stock pots,
a large stainless steel ladel,
a smaller stainless steel measuring pot,
8 small metal votive molds
AND...50 lbs of wax (25 lbs of EZ Pour Blend and 25 lbs of Astorlite SB - both soy I believe).

This was Saturday morning. We have been broke for sometime (husband has been on short-term disability preparing for foot surgery June 2nd). So, we werent going to be able to do anything for Mother's Day. I didn't mind. But Teddy felt bad. So, Teddy stood at the kitchen sink and helped me wash every single item, and reorganize my whole craft room that same day! This was the best Mother's Day gift I've had in a long time! Just wanted to share! I am the only one in my group of friends, relatives and neighbors who even do crafts (other than Eli). None of them truly understands the importance of such a gift. BUT...I knew you all would! ;0)

Just HAD to share!

Sometimes its the smallest, simplest things that mean the most!
Being happy about that gift just shows how much you deserve it.

I'm thrilled for you!!

x

:D what a score! :D

you're twice blessed to have such a caring hubby and nice friends.

some of my fondest memories with my hubby was when we were young and flat broke. it made the sweet little things in life seem that much bigger!

That is a truly wonderful story. It really is the little things in like that make our hearts swell with love.. I wonder if it will be one of your favorite Mother's Day's in years to come. It sounds like you have an awesome husband and friends , good for you.

Kitn

That is such a score!!
Certainly would bring a big smile to my face!!
I got a lovely new handbag, some items from the mothers day stall at school, and my son made me toast and coffee and I slept in till 11.15am (??? I know I must have been really really tired)
Can't wait to see what candles you make!

Thanks Guys and Gals!
I've had a couple flare ups and haven't been able to make any yet.
Probably going to the ER tomorrow morning, possible blood clot.
I know I'm crazy not to go now. I am such a procrastinator.
I am soo anxious to get back to candle makin' again!
Driving me nuts! LOL

Thanks for celebrating with me! means a lot...really.
Other than Teddy....you guys on here are it! :0)

He was so sweet. He was so excited as he pulled one thing after another out for me to see! It really touched me...how truly excited he was...for me! He has no desire to do this kind of thing. So, his enthusiam was icing on the cake, that day! :D

That is the absolute best gift. My family asked me what Iwant for my bday, I told them get me a salad shooter for the rebatches LOL. they don't understand but you all do!

Exactly! LOL

pepperi27 said:
That is the absolute best gift. My family asked me what Iwant for my bday, I told them get me a salad shooter for the rebatches LOL. they don't understand but you all do!

Latest posts

Back