Awake & Bored-Showing Off My Mother's New Jewelry Hobby!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busymammaof3

Reaction score
She's not a member on here. And is still learning how to manuver around ont he web. But I noticed that another lady posted pics of her jewelry. I'm wide awake. LOL And have nothing better to do at the moment. And this is the 1st time I've shared them with anyone. So, I thought...what a better place than this. Just for the heck of it.
TigersEyeNecklaceWithAdjustibleChai.jpg
TurquoiseNecklaceWithAdjustibleChai.jpg
Blue-GreenandTopazGlassBeadNecklace.jpg
Blue-GreenandTopazGlassBeadEarrings.jpg
PinkSwavorskyCrystalNecklaceSet.jpg
BraceletwithSemiPreciousStonesIn-1.jpg
BraceletwithSemiPreciousStonesInclu.jpg

They are beautiful! My teenage daughter is sick ATM with glandular fever and got out her old jewellery making stuff to give her something to do when feeling up to it - I will show her these gorgeous pics and she will be so inspired!!! Thanks so much for posting :D

Tanya :)

Erin Marie - they are wonderful! I hope your Mom is selling them -
perhaps you could help her set up an Etsy Shop?

At the store that I work in for my day job, we have someone who makes
jewellery and your Mom's are just as good, if not better.

At the store the braclets sell for $30.00, the earrings $20.00 and the
necklaces are $45.00 or $50.00.

Cheers
Lindy

I'm jealous!! Still trying to get the hang of making necklaces but those pieces pictured are absolutely amazing! Great stuff!

Wow! Thank You!

I must say, I was rather shocked when I finally came back around to see what everyone was up to! She will be so touched by your comments!

I actually did set an esty shop up for her. She's gotten a dozen or so views in the past month or so...mainly family checking them out. But no sales.

My father has a rig and was drilling uranium for the past couple years. They were making good money before Uranium Resources Inc. laid the rig off. So, my parents, my brother and my husband were laid off.

Fortunately, my brother found a job with Wal-Mart and my husband with Halliburton. But the pay is half of what it was. And my father is over-qualified for everything. :p So, they're struggling. She wants to advertise....but the money's just not there right now.

Anyway, not sure why I went off on that tangent. LOL

Thanks for the compliments! I am going to call her and read them to her over the phone. She's in Baton Rouge with my dad and her brother...grinding stumps to make ends meet. She called this afternoon to say hi. She's really missing home.

jewelry

omg! this lady has a real talent- she's got a natural "eye" for color and balance. everything "fits" together so well! i'd encourage her to keep going. really nice!

Re: jewelry

heartsong said:
omg! this lady has a real talent- she's got a natural "eye" for color and balance. everything "fits" together so well! i'd encourage her to keep going. really nice!
Thank you very much Heartsong! I am about to call Mom and read all the compliments on her jewelry! It will definitely make her day.
I handle the photography and the online accounts. She creates! I am about to reopen/publish my soap biz online again...after it's makeover. And will probably have a spot for her jewelry on it, as well. I am not making any sales either....but hopefully between the two of us trying to make a go of our hobbies...it will help. :0) Thanks again, guys and gals for all your encouragement!

friends

god bless and hang in there-i know times are tough-i've had to go back to driving truck to keep our medical coverage. people are really hurting out here. remember this: the hotter the fire-the stronger the steel! we'll get thru this and go onto better times.

take care

Re: friends

heartsong said:
god bless and hang in there-i know times are tough-i've had to go back to driving truck to keep our medical coverage. people are really hurting out here. remember this: the hotter the fire-the stronger the steel! we'll get thru this and go onto better times.

take care
Thanks. Well said. My husband is looking into truck driving, now that he has his CDL and Halliburton is talking of "cutting back." Thanks for the encouragement.

pepperi27 said:
I'm jealous!! Still trying to get the hang of making necklaces but those pieces pictured are absolutely amazing! Great stuff!
I went to your etsy site. Your jewelry is beautiful! I love the unique wire wrapping technique you use. I think, ultimately that's beautiful...being unique!

Called Mother

She called again, this evening to check on me. Been in bed, sick with the flu since Friday. I read all of your replies to my post about her jewelery...to her. She was so thrilled! She had no idea they would get those kinds of compliments. She said to tell you all "Thank you so very much! They have made my day!" :D

busymammaof3 said:
pepperi27 said:
I went to your etsy site. Your jewelry is beautiful! I love the unique wire wrapping technique you use. I think, ultimately that's beautiful...being unique!

Aww thanks that means a lot! It only took a few hours to learn because I try to get them perfect. I try to be unique because who wants to be like everyone else?

Latest posts

Back