Avoid getting yesterday's activity mails

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Shahtura

Reaction score
Is there a way to AVOID getting yesterday's activities by mail , please?

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
*** Edited ***
*** Please see Earlene's post below (on how to turn off email notifications from the received email)

Last edited:

Shahtura

Reaction score
I have had all four deselected for a long time , yet I receive those annoying daily emails.

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
*** Edited ***
*** Please see Earlene's post below (on how to turn off email notifications from the received email)

Posting a brief description of the problem on the Forum Changes thread will bring it to the attention of Angie (who gets things fixed) :).

Last edited:

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
To unsubscribe, you have to do that from within the email itself. Scroll to the bottom of the email and click on the link as shown here:

unsubscribe from SMF newsletter.JPG

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Earlene,

Well, there you go!
(I set up auto-filing for emails, so I don't see any from this forum unless I go looking for them).

Using the preferences method I used above seems to work for me (and it would be odd if it could only be done via the emails IMHO). Your message has already come through, but my reply (after I turned off email notifications) has not. I've left it turned off (and will leave it for a little while, just to be sure it works).

But it is rather good to know of another way to turn it off, and fingers crossed that works for Shahtura.

Thanks Earlene :)!

Last edited:

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I got that info from this thread: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/yesterdays-forum-activity-email.69909/

Maybe there is another way, but it doesn't appear obviously on the privacy settings, so if someone still wants to receive important emails from admin, then the unsubscribe option is the way to go. If you turn off the former, you probably do also turn off the latter (I think), but then if some huge deal requiring admin to send an bulk email to members, that would also be turned off.

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It works weirdly. Confirmed.

My message to this thread never generated an email (because I turned off the notification).
But YOUR message generated an email (while the notification was turned off)!

I was only considering thread notifications (as my test), but I've had Admin messages turned off for ages (via "privacy" from the "person" menu), and I've just checked - I'm also getting forum activity emails (so I may as well turn it back on - I think that's why I turned it off back when the forum changed over).

It seems that (currently) turning notifications off is only really available from the email itself after all (the notification system is not really working as it should).

Thanks again Earlene - I'll add that to the list of things :)

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The preference settings do NOT control the daily Yestester Day Forum Activity emails.

You can unsubscribe from the bottom of the last email you received, or you can ask me to change your email here to be where you are unsubscribed. If I change it you will get nothing to that email address. If you unsubscribe at bottom of email, it is permanent and only for those emails.

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll put what I noticed on preference settings in the Forum Changes thread (thanks Angie).

Shahtura

Reaction score
Like so many other spammers the link on bottom of the message is broken. This is the first thing I try and with this forum annoying daily mails , I have tried it many times. Please do whatever it takes so I don't see more of those messages.

Shahtura

Reaction score
You click it and it doesn't take you anywhere as if there is no link.

Shahtura

Reaction score
Since nobody offers a way to get read of the spam messages of yesterday activities, I am going to use the measure of blocking any messages from this site.

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Since nobody offers a way to get read of the spam messages of yesterday activities, I am going to use the measure of blocking any messages from this site.
Hi Shahtura, I'm just an ordinary member of this forum, but a couple of posts up is a post from Admin, who owns the site.

If you could post a copy of the URL from the bottom of your daily emails, this might help the site owner and the software engineers get this one sorted out.

I hope you can - your help with the URL might help everyone.

All the best,
SF :)

Shahtura

Reaction score
I already deleted the spam I have got today and blocked all mail coming from this site. No more spam for me.
Look at earlene's post where she marked how to unsubscribe. You can click to unsubscribe but nothing happens and you keep getting daily junk.

Lin19687

Reaction score
I had this issue a while ago.
make sure to clear out your Cache.
I also run FireFox so some of my issue were related to FF

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I already deleted the spam I have got today and blocked all mail coming from this site. No more spam for me.
Look at earlene's post where she marked how to unsubscribe. You can click to unsubscribe but nothing happens and you keep getting daily junk.

Can you give me the link you saw when you went to unsubscribe. I need to get the link checked out for effectiveness.

steffamarie

Reaction score
I clicked the link in my email today and it did work - at least, it brought me to a page that said I have been successfully unsubscribed. Not sure if that helps at all, Angie. :/

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Angie, assuming everyone gets the same unsubscribe link, I will send it to you by PM.

I copied it from my email this morning without unsubscribing.

PS, I removed the link from this thread because I don't want to cause unwanted un-subscriptions. Or then maybe it would unscubscribe me, and I don't want to unsubscribe.

Latest posts