Avocado or sweet almond oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry Pit Soap Works

Reaction score
I've noticed when plugging these oils into recipes there are a few differences but they are not vastly significant. I love both oils and use both in recipes. But I very rarely use them together because I find that it lowers my bubble number more than I would like.

Does anyone have a preference between these two oils? If you were only using one of these two oils in a recipe which would it be and why? Thanks everyone!

I can't list a preference, because I do use both. I just dragged out my recipe for my 100% veggie soap. I use 10% each of both avocado and sweet almond, and my soaps lather like crazy.

The actual numbers I get are 24 for Bubbly and 27 for creamy.

If you use both, what other oils do you use with those two? Do you use any extra sugar? Beer or some kind of milk?

I don't know if any of this is helpful or not. :lol:

Anita

I would use the almond oil because of cost and the fact that soap is a wash off product. For lotion etc I would go with avocado oil..I love it.

I try to avoid tree nut oils (unless you include coconut and palm) because of allergy concerns. For that reason, I use avocado oil when I want to use a specialty oil.

Latest posts

Back