Average percentage of pine tar in your soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Average pine tar percentage

• > 20%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • 5-10%

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 3-5%

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 0-3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goji_fries

Reaction score
POLL : POLL : POLL : POLL : POLL : POLL : POLL : POLL : POLL

Also: any essential oils you favor more in a PT soap? Unscented rules?!?!

Last edited:
i normally do 10% pt. tried 15% and it was a mess, soap won't dry for ages, hated it.

i leave mine unscented.

honestly, i am curious about the amount of pt needed to actually be effective in helping skin conditions. i've read somewhere that the minimum is 15%, and 20% in another. is there a valid source or study to confirm this?

so far, i've good positive feedback from my customers on my pt soap. that should tell me something, right?

honestly, i am curious about the amount of pt needed to actually be effective in helping skin conditions. i've read somewhere that the minimum is 15%, and 20% in another. is there a valid source or study to confirm this?

so far, i've good positive feedback from my customers on my pt soap. that should tell me something, right?

If it is safe and works well it sounds like you have a bonified winner. I remember you made a PT LS. How did it end up working out? The ingenuity in that was aweseome.

Back